• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Little more than 9 points
article-2328287-19E868E6000005DC-402_306x375.jpg
That was RvP's last season with us, no? The 2011-2012 season.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That was RvP's last season with us, no? The 2011-2012 season.
Finished 3rd in RVP's final season. Remember everyone laughing at Sp**s for finishing 4th and not getting into the CL because of Chelsea?

The drugs are destroying your memory.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Finished 3rd in RVP's final season. Remember everyone laughing at Sp**s for finishing 4th and not getting into the CL because of Chelsea?

The drugs are destroying your memory.
Yes, 3rd, but 19 points behind the winners. We scored two less goals the season after he left, but also conceded 12 less.

And I don't do ****ing drugs! :lol:

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How is that digging? Ive proven my point. @American_Gooner is one of those that thinks it's impossible to move forward after losing your best player, but our results after losing RvP--the best recent example we have--has disproved that. I can picture him lying on the floor of his internet control room, a broken man.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
How is that digging? Ive proven my point. @American_Gooner is one of those that thinks it's impossible to move forward after losing your best player, but our results after losing RvP--the best recent example we have--has disproved that.
We didn't move forward after losing RVP, we stood still. Which is probably the best we can hope for if Sanchez leaves.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We didn't move forward after losing RVP, we stood still. Which is probably the best we can hope for if Sanchez leaves.
a better argument can be made for us improving than standing still. Yours is definitely a 'glass half empty' opinion.

We immediately had a swing of TEN goals to the good. We got 3 more points than we did the previous season and finished 3 points nearer the top. The season after that we finished just 7 off the top.

Last edited:

If we scored less after Persie left then we didn't move forward at all.

Anyway we have been stuck in 2-4 place since Emirates. We haven't moved forward at all in that regard.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
How is that digging? Ive proven my point. @American_Gooner is one of those that thinks it's impossible to move forward after losing your best player, but our results after losing RvP--the best recent example we have--has disproved that. I can picture him lying on the floor of his internet control room, a broken man.
:lol: Never said it was impossible, but you said this:
but as long as we improve our results, I couldn't give a toss who's playing for us.
I asked if results would improve if Alexis leaves because I'm fairly certain his replacement won't be the same calibre of player as him. Henry leaving in 2007 was a better example than RVP, although we at least had RVP, Adebayor, Fabregas and Hleb ready to step out of Henry's shadow and go up a level. Don't really see anyone in the current squad like that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: Never said it was impossible, but you said this:

I asked if results would improve if Alexis leaves because I'm fairly certain his replacement won't be the same calibre of player as him. Henry leaving in 2007 was a better example than RVP, although we at least had RVP, Adebayor, Fabregas and Hleb ready to step out of Henry's shadow and go up a level. Don't really see anyone in the current squad like that.
And my argument, as big an admirer of Alexis as I am, is that you don't have to try and reduce the deficit with a like for like individual signing. We went out and got Cazorla after RvP left, which pretty much did the job on it's own anyway, because we were better in midfield and were just as, if not more, creative. Giroud and Pod topped it off. Job done.

Reactions: A_G

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Winning the first FA Cup was massive progress considering the mental barrier we had to overcome in order to do it. I'd say we've stagnated since then though.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I have a feeling Alexis may just be off this time.

We are faffing about, truth be told. I just hope the club sells to a team abroad and not embarrass us by selling in the Premier League.

Xhaka Zulu

nothing in reality could be more ridiculous than paying someone a quarter of a million pounds a week to do what he loves

football is rapidly becoming insupportable

It is ridiculous. But at the same time a player like Alexis has a big hand in the money the club is making, and that's a lot of money. So why shouldn't he share in the spoils? He's simply (one of) the most important employee(s) in a company making lots of money. That's how the world works.

But also from a supporter's point of view, if your club can afford such wages, would you not prefer for the money to be invested in keeping and buying top class players instead of it lying there for shareholders/owners (?). AFC is a football club after all.

I do agree it is insane, but that's the reality of this business we love so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom