• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How is that digging? Ive proven my point. @American_Gooner is one of those that thinks it's impossible to move forward after losing your best player, but our results after losing RvP--the best recent example we have--has disproved that. I can picture him lying on the floor of his internet control room, a broken man.
Internet control room. :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
nothing in reality could be more ridiculous than paying someone a quarter of a million pounds a week to do what he loves

football is rapidly becoming insupportable

It really isn't.

Anyone that reaches the very top of their profession will find similar financial rewards.

BBF

Get another individual in who can do those numbers? Highly unlikely. Get another guy or two in that could get us playing better football and share the creative burden, whilst increasing our output? Its very possible.

Can't remember off the top of my head, but how did we fare the season after RvP left us? We signed Podolski, Giroud and Caz, and finished 9 points off the top scoring 72 goals. The previous season with RvP, we scored 74 and finished 19 off the top. Whether we improved is of course debatable, but we definitely shared the burden and were a better team as a result, imo. Not bad for 'off the top of my head' :eek:ops:

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but who's going to come in and get us playing better football as a whole? We need goals in this team with our crap offensive options. Say we got in a Hleb type player and put him on the wing, who's he passing/crossing to?

Yes Alexis is a ballhog, yes he gives away the ball a lot, yes he plays heroball. But I can't see anyone coming in and improving us without paying top dollar, more than we'd sell Alexis for.

Reactions: A_G

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Was confident in him saying but he's been a bit of a **** on the pitch recently, I've never seen that kind of behaviour from him up until this season.

For me that's why I think he's going.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There's enough foreign clubs who he'd join, if we sell to a PL team we might as well fold the club.

£50m plus to one of Bayern/PSG/Juve/Inter.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

There's enough foreign clubs who he'd join, if we sell to a PL team we might as well fold the club.

£50m plus to one of Bayern/PSG/Juve/Inter.
Wouldn't mind him going to PSG. I like them.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but who's going to come in and get us playing better football as a whole? We need goals in this team with our crap offensive options. Say we got in a Hleb type player and put him on the wing, who's he passing/crossing to?

Yes Alexis is a ballhog, yes he gives away the ball a lot, yes he plays heroball. But I can't see anyone coming in and improving us without paying top dollar, more than we'd sell Alexis for.
Well he has to be a goalscorer of description for a start; can't think of names at the moment--probably worth waiting to see who's available first. Some creativity would help too. But we're talking about improving results here, and that's not all about scoring goals. If you concede you wont win either. So improving our midfield could both shield the defence and create goals. It's about moving things around. I don't like the idea of compensating or replacing. This is a team game, and the aim is to improve as a collective. There are loads of ways to skin a cat. I was really trying hard not to use cliches there ffs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The wankers at Arsenal need to pull out the cheque book and sign a wide man plus a striker to compensate the loss of Sanchez. Im talking top players.

Don't see it though.

Glad I don't have a season ticket, absolutely depressing state of affairs.

Only if you guys knew what I know.

BBF

Well he has to be a goalscorer of description for a start; can't think of names at the moment--probably worth waiting to see who's available first. Some creativity would help too. But we're talking about improving results here, and that's not all about scoring goals. If you concede you wont win either. So improving our midfield could both shield the defence and create goals. It's about moving things around. I don't like the idea of compensating or replacing. This is a team game, and the aim is to improve as a collective. There are loads of ways to skin a cat. I was really trying hard not to use cliches there ffs.

Yeah, I agree. But who, and what type of player comes in and improves our attack without having to actually direct knock balls into the net? If we get a creative player on the wing/upfront, there'd be no one to knock the ball in in the middle. If we bring in another striker/winger, we'd be left with a poorer Sanchez unless we drop a load of money on someone elite. You could put Iniesta or De Bruyne on our wing and those ****houses upfront would still have a problem scoring.

Malky

Established Member
The wankers at Arsenal need to pull out the cheque book and sign a wide man plus a striker to compensate the loss of Sanchez. Im talking top players.

Don't see it though.

Glad I don't have a season ticket, absolutely depressing state of affairs.

Only if you guys knew what I know.
Wenger's turned down the contract extension, he's gone in the summer?
Alexis is also gone.
Eddie Howe takes over as manager
Next season "Cazorla and Mertesacker will be like new signings"
Lacazette is our main (and only) target as our Sanchez replacement.
Walcott is given another new contract.
??

OShea's2010

I'm confident we'd be doing just as well, all we've done with Alexis and Özil is finish top four, lose in the last 16 of the CL and win the odd cup.
We're in a situation where the other clubs around us have good managers and are progressing. we'll be out of the top 4 before long, this season or next. especially if we're losing our best players and retaining an underperforming manager

KAB

Our dream : Club will bring in top players to the club
Fact : We can't even pay 250k salary per week

Preacher

Always Crying
If Alexis will leave us, it will be another low blow from the club to us - Arsenal fans. They are lying and making fake promises for too long.

I'm sure, that Alexis main motivation in leaving us would be not money.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Agree with you but in this case we don't even have a secondary goalscorer who could step up.

What you're describing is still possible but I think only under new management. I can't be the only one who's noticed that we've been relying more and more on individual brilliance these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom