• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

If Alexis will leave us, it will be another low blow from the club to us - Arsenal fans. They are lying and making fake promises for too long.

I'm sure, that Alexis main motivation in leaving us would be not money.
Money has always been a big consideration to South American players because of their poorer background. Also I imagine he has an agent who is hungry for more and they often drive such things.

Although he is a fine player individually, we obviously haven't found the right balance as a team and it even feels as if the club is going backwards.

As someone said earlier in the thread, players come and go and Alexis is not getting any younger. Even if we keep him, I can't see Arsenal making a serious impact on the EPL or Champions League while he is at his best.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Agree with you but in this case we don't even have a secondary goalscorer who could step up.

What you're describing is still possible but I think only under new management. I can't be the only one who's noticed that we've been relying more and more on individual brilliance these days?
It's been like that all season. Whenever I've said there was no structure, rhyme or reason to the way we've play, that's basically what it's come down to. What little confidence we've had in the team this season is the trust that someone, usually Alexis, will do something sublime once or twice and win us the game, because in between those moments we've always looked clunky.

As you say, we'll need a new manager to do what's required when we lose Alexis. I'll only trust a new manager to do it properly anyway.

Preacher

Always Crying
Money has always been a big consideration to South American players because of their poorer background. Also I imagine he has an agent who is hungry for more and they often drive such things.
If money is his main consideration he should go to China. I still think, that money isn't biggest issue here, competing for big titles is.
Although he is a fine player individually, we obviously haven't found the right balance as a team and it even feels as if the club is going backwards.
And who's at fault here? If management can't find right balance and system to get the best from him and the team as a whole, we should let go our best player for peanuts ?
As someone said earlier in the thread, players come and go and Alexis is not getting any younger. Even if we keep him, I can't see Arsenal making a serious impact on the EPL or Champions League while he is at his best.
Who will replace him ? You think we will have better chance to compete for serious trophies with his replacement. It would be another blow to us as a big club. Everyone will see, that best players are still leaving us. The best players will think twice before going to Arsenal. Maybe you want, that Alexis would be replaced with Podolski/Giroud level players. We should add high level players to an existing team, not try to pull apart the team and rebuild it yet again.

Last edited:

karl

Who will replace him ? You think we will have better chance to compete for serious trophies with his replacement. It would be another blow to us as a big club. Everyone will see, that best players are still leaving us. The best players will think twice before going to Arsenal. Maybe you want, that Alexis would be replaced with Podolski/Giroud level players. We should add high level players to an existing team, not try to pull apart the team and rebuild it yet again.
I don't advocate selling him and would personally run his contract down to avoid the negative impact on the club. Any fee we get would be negligible with just one year left and in no way enough for a replacement, if we could attract one.

I just think it may be difficult to make him stay, as he approaches 30 in under 2 years and wants to achieve something. It is highly unlikely we will be a force before his best years are gone.

You are right about money not being the sole objective too. However, I expect he wants to capitalise on his last big contract with the balance of success in a major league too.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
nothing in reality could be more ridiculous than paying someone a quarter of a million pounds a week to do what he loves

football is rapidly becoming insupportable

Hold on. Lets say you're a chartered accountant. You love it, breathe for it. A comment hits the global chartered accountant expo in Vegas leaving you and only a handful of others who did not attend. Your salary skyrockets to £250,000 per week, will you become disillusioned and leave the industry?

Also what if a player doesn't love playing football is the huge salary OK then? Eg: Sol Campbell, David Bentley among others were rumoured to just see the game as a job & not "love" it.

Ewarwoowar

Hold on. Lets say you're a chartered accountant. You love it, breathe for it. A comment hits the global chartered accountant expo in Vegas leaving you and only a handful of others who did not attend. Your salary skyrockets to £250,000 per week, will you become disillusioned and leave the industry?

Also what if a player doesn't love playing football is the huge salary OK then? Eg: Sol Campbell, David Bentley among others were rumoured to just see the game as a job & not "love" it.
I can not believe that Sol did not love playing football, maybe been trying to convince himself of the like since retiring, He loves the limelight and not too highly rated as a pundit, I'm sure He misses the playing more than the money tbh.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I can not believe that Sol did not love playing football, maybe been trying to convince himself of the like since retiring, He loves the limelight and not too highly rated as a pundit, I'm sure He misses the playing more than the money tbh.

I heard it on the radio this weekend on a show discussing salaries. Its the only reason I mentioned it. They said it was no secret. He was certainly a complex character.

Ewarwoowar

I heard it on the radio this weekend on a show discussing salaries. Its the only reason I mentioned it. They said it was no secret. He was certainly a complex character.
I have vague recollection of hearing it before a long time ago, but still can't wrap my head around it, He seemed to play with passion, if not an incredible amount of professionalism, the like to be applauded.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

He should not be sold. Our club is spineless and I'm sure he will be - but if we were an ambitious club the plan should be clear.

Hire a manager of stature this summer, give him a good budget to spend and have one last season with Alexis and Özil.

Of course, I don't believe this will happen. Nor do I think the fans will put any pressure on the club to make it happen. Unfortunately, many of our fans aren't ambitious or are otherwise detached from the reality of modern football and would rather endlessly laugh about suggestions of Owen Coyle in the past than face the reality that other managers are doing what Arsène has not done in over a decade - win a major honour. We deserve what we are going to get.

WhatAFC

His venting of frustrations are that of someone leaving. Not surprised to be honest, he's the only player with have with his kind of mentality. Not sure I can pick another squad member who will run themselves into the ground every game to win.

Will be gutted to see him go as you can guarantee we won't replace him properly.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Terrible journalism. The reunite with manager he's won trophies with is the easiest pile of **** to sell.

There's legitimately more chance of Sampaoli coming the other way with Sanchez staying (I think that's the only way we'll keep Sanchez btw: Sampaoli, Allegri or Simeone).

candonga

It's actually quite sad to see him leave like that, considering he chose Arsenal for its history, the city, the fans, and for the players who have played lifted trophies there.

It's really, really sad actually, considering he's the only player who fights the way he does. Not only does he fight low-rated games, but also, and perhaps most importantly, the A-class games like the one against Munich.

Sad to see this kid constantly bumping against windows like a brainless bird, trying to find a way out. I only hope he can win the trophies players of his stature deserve. Thing is, that won't be at Arsenal.

Thanks for everything, cabro chico tocopilla.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If Alexis decides to leave I would fully understand it. He joined Arsenal to win things, he's the one who has been let down, he doesn't owe us anything. He would be a huge loss to the PL, I even had a Man Utd fan say to me the other day that he hopes Alexis stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom