• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Antoine Griezmann

Maxim

Not sure about the hard on for Griezmann from an Arsenal perspective.

Are people aware that he's at his most effective playing behind a striker (i.e. Özil's position) and that bringing him in and shunting either him or Özil wide is to blunt the effectiveness of one or the other. He's also been having a bit a rough time in La Liga the last few games, hasn't scored for 10 or so.

I rate him very highly, but if Arsenal were to spank 60/70 million on a player, I think there are other targets that match the team better.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Not sure about the hard on for Griezmann from an Arsenal perspective.

Are people aware that he's at his most effective playing behind a striker (i.e. Özil's position) and that bringing him in and shunting either him or Özil wide is to blunt the effectiveness of one or the other. He's also been having a bit a rough time in La Liga the last few games, hasn't scored for 10 or so.

I rate him very highly, but if Arsenal were to spank 60/70 million on a player, I think there are other targets that match the team better.
We could play a diamond and rotate with playing wingers. I think Ox, Iwobi and Theo could play striker as well. But I don't think we're buying Griezmann. Hopefully our attention should an attacking mf or winger and a central midfielder.

reed

He will cost more 100 million. I can see only United getting him tbh.

Unfortunately, they have no room for a new attacker. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We could get Griezmann but we'd have to pay a Pogba-esque fee. He plays on the right, Özil CAM and Sanchez through the middle. Welbeck, Theo, Ox, Iwobi and Perez can fight over the vacant spot on the left although i'd be tempted to sell Ox and loan another.

This transfer is so unlikely though.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

We could get Griezmann but we'd have to pay a Pogba-esque fee. He plays on the right, Özil CAM and Sanchez through the middle. Welbeck, Theo, Ox, Iwobi and Perez can fight over the vacant spot on the left although i'd be tempted to sell Ox and loan another.

This transfer is so unlikely though.

Not really worth paying that much for him if the plan is to play him on the right, don't you think?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Personally I'd rather spend half of what Griezmann would cost on Reus and trust Arsène to take him up a level. 120 million or so should be more than enough to get us Alaba and Reus.

Maxim

Personally I'd rather spend half of what Griezmann would cost on Reus and trust Arsène to take him up a level. 120 million or so should be more than enough to get us Alaba and Reus.

If you're gonna spend big on a player from Dortmund, you want Dembele - not Reus.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Hell Suarez went for 60 and I doubt Aguero would fetch more than 70.

Reus? No thank you unless he can sort out his injuries.

Malky

Established Member
We'll never get Griezmann, unfortunately. What ever his market value is, even if we can afford it, it will be matched by other clubs that will blow us away when it comes down to wages. We can't compete with United, City, Chelsea etc when they'll offer £250K+ a week.

reed

hqdefault.jpg

Latest posts+

Top Bottom