• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Kit Thread: Adidas Deal Rumoured

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Amazing how the money in football is escalating.

3 years ago our £30m a season was the biggest in England. United now get £75m and Chelsea £60m.

Smart by the club to only commit to Puma for 5 years, we're going to need another bumper deal soon.
It worked out alright for us. Got the quick dough but didn't sell ourselves out. I suspect that was the very best they could have done considering it was only 5 years commitment.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
What I'd like to know is where all this money is coming from? It is not like consumers are making and spending that much more money than a few years ago...

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Amazing how the money in football is escalating.

3 years ago our £30m a season was the biggest in England. United now get £75m and Chelsea £60m.

Smart by the club to only commit to Puma for 5 years, we're going to need another bumper deal soon.

It worked out alright for us. Got the quick dough but didn't sell ourselves out. I suspect that was the very best they could have done considering it was only 5 years commitment.

Yeah but we can do more than wait it out. Chelsea had a long term contract with Adidas and ended it 6 years early to sign this Nike deal (will pay a some money in fines back to Adidas) but will make loads more money both in the short and long term.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36266181
(signed the 30m Adidas contract in 2013 saw the money being handed out and ended that **** at the end of last year)

Playing it nice and seeing out our contract to renew could send us back to the first few years of the Emirates move/Banter Era. The transfer market is crazy and its only going to get worse as we are already pretty much shopping at a different level as the big clubs.

Combine that with the wages can be offered by United and Chelsea due to these deals with the club already balking at Özil and Sanchez after they heard they supposedly want 250k (which isnt the highest in the league now let alone what players of their level will be getting paid at other clubs within this league soon.) and it could have a very big knock on effect if we dont do something besides wait it out.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This contract news renegotiating at the end of the season. I don't mind seeing out the remaining two years if Puma will cover the wages increases and a bit more. £50m should be doable.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Puma as a brand is growing or at least they're making moves to. They have Rihanna, The Weeknd and Kylie Jenner as poster people.

Not sure how much cash they have to give us, leonder if we have to switch brand if we want big bucks. We won't get Adidas. Going back to Nike could happen. Perhaps there's another option?

Bager

Puma as a brand is growing or at least they're making moves to. They have Rihanna, The Weeknd and Kylie Jenner as poster people.

Not sure how much cash they have to give us, leonder if we have to switch brand if we want big bucks. We won't get Adidas. Going back to Nike could happen. Perhaps there's another option?

Should just throw Jenner and Rihanna into Arsenal kits and turn us into the number one club for 10-18 year old girls then.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is our current deal really that bad when you look at the length of most new deals?

I'd be surprised if we signed another long term deal like Chelsea have, we only did that when we absolutely had too.

Plutarch

My Arsenal membership renewal pack arrived today, containing a Puma garment which I couldn't identify. I puzzled over this piece of red cloth for some time, thinking 'What on earth is it? What's it for?' Finally worked out it's a neck warmer. I can't see me wearing this round the shops. Maybe if it gets really cold in London.

134920.jpg

I've been loving Puma so far. Golden shirt last year and 3rd kit now... The home kit have been solid both years!

Never been fan of sport brands. But well done Puma!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
My Arsenal membership renewal pack arrived today, containing a Puma garment which I couldn't identify. I puzzled over this piece of red cloth for some time, thinking 'What on earth is it? What's it for?' Finally worked out it's a neck warmer. I can't see me wearing this round the shops. Maybe if it gets really cold in London.

134920.jpg
It's a good look tbf
245882E700000578-0-image-m-29_1420035372930.jpg

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Not sure how much cash they have to give us,

Seemingly loads. Time to renegotiate

Latest posts+

Top Bottom