• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

SYS

Big props to Wenger. We have an amazingly strong squad, that cost so little to put together compared to its current worth. Iwobi, Bellerin, Coquelin must be worth nearly £100m combined in expected transfer fee's if we were to sell them and they cost us absolutely nothing.

We look to be a small step ahead on the pitch compared to all our rivals bar City, which is no mean feat.

And all the while still continue to hold on to and even grow a substantial cash reserve.

I know it has been very frustrating at times for supporters, but i think we can all agree that we really are run in an exemplary fashion. We maybe dont appreciate this enough when we see how badly managed so many other football clubs are.

Football wise with Wenger yes. In terms of finances we balance our books wont call it exemplary as we are primarily a football club and not a business in the sense our board should have given more importance to results than finances. Dont mean to say completely go haywire but be more reasonable. Wont put blame on Wenger myself for over cautiousness but the board and its their responsibility

Last edited:

SYS

2014-15 Matchday Revenue
Club Stadium League Matchday Revenue (in Euros)
Arsenal Emirates Stadium Premier League 132 million
Real Madrid Santiago Bernabeu La Liga 129.8 million
Barcelona Camp Nou La Liga 116.9 million
Manchester United Old Trafford Premier League 114 million
Chelsea Stamford Bridge Premier League 93.1 million
Bayern Munich Allianz Arena Bundesliga 89.8 million
Paris Saint-Germain Parc des Princes Ligue 1 78 million
Liverpool Anfield Premier League 75 million
Manchester City Etihad Stadium Premier League 57 million
Borussia Dortmund Signal Iduna Park Bundesliga 54.2 million

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Salaries are maintained at a certain ratio of revenue generated and our board gives utmost importance to get them right. The excess cash is used for transfers thats our style
It was tongue in cheek but they will have to "break the bank" for both Sanchez & Özil.

Just reading an article saying that Arsenal plan no major January transfers. Hopefully we're getting a good interest rate!

Reactions: SYS

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Salaries are maintained at a certain ratio of revenue generated and our board gives utmost importance to get them right. The excess cash is used for transfers thats our style

Off the top of my head we were hovering around the 55% mark the last time I looked, which would give us a bit of wriggle room to really give Özil and Alexis that boost.

SYS

Off the top of my head we were hovering around the 55% mark the last time I looked, which would give us a bit of wriggle room to really give Özil and Alexis that boost.

We are at 55.7 and that would change considerably by end of the year due to new TV deal. With 2015/16 salary figures it will drop below 50% and add the salaries for the recent buys plus contract renewals it would get close to 50%.

Remember reading somewhere few years back the eventual target for our board was 50% at the time of reading. Have to search where I read its been 5-6 years ago roughly

Last edited:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We are at 55.7 and that would change considerably by end of the year due to new TV deal. With 2015/16 salary figures it will drop below 50% and add the salaries for the recent buys plus contract renewals it would get close to 50%.

Remember reading somewhere few years back the eventual target for our board was 50% at the time of reading. Have to search where I read its been 5-6 years ago roughly
IIRC the new TV deal isn't allowed to be used in the wages/revenues ratio calculation as per PL rules. I think this is a pretty big factor in the Özil/Alexis negotiations.

SYS

IIRC the new TV deal isn't allowed to be used in the wages/revenues ratio calculation as per PL rules. I think this is a pretty big factor in the Özil/Alexis negotiations.

I was referring to the ratios our board wants to maintain. You are right about the new TV deal but I am surprised it could affect these deals considering our ratios are intact already as per rules. Havent paid attention to it.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Draxler is truly special in my book.

Your book is wrong then, because Draxler has been absolutely garbage this season. Buying him is pointless unless we are planning to sell Chamberlain or Iwobi in Jan. If James Rodriguez is available then maybe he might be worth it in Jan, but really I would hesitate to think we can make a Jan signing to take us to the next level for the remaining 1/2 season.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Your book is wrong then, because Draxler has been absolutely garbage this season. Buying him is pointless unless we are planning to sell Chamberlain or Iwobi in Jan. If James Rodriguez is available then maybe he might be worth it in Jan, but really I would hesitate to think we can make a Jan signing to take us to the next level for the remaining 1/2 season.
Integration time such as well. I think Draxler is a bit like a younger Arnautovic. Brilliant moments but no consistency and just as him when he was at this age, it's a bit late to think he will explode. A pass for me.

carlito'sway

Established Member

That is an opinion. In any case, if buying Drax means selling Ox or Iwobi, so be it. He is twice the player they are already.
I would take Draxler over James any day of the week. Drax has technique, pace and power in abundance, top player who would improve as well under a manager like Arsène.

scytheavatar

Established Member
That is an opinion. In any case, if buying Drax means selling Ox or Iwobi, so be it. He is twice the player they are already.
I would take Draxler over James any day of the week. Drax has technique, pace and power in abundance, top player who would improve as well under a manager like Arsène.

If Draxler is twice the player than Chamberlain or Iwobi then why does he have no league goals and assists in 10 starts?

carlito'sway

Established Member
If Draxler is twice the player than Chamberlain or Iwobi then why does he have no league goals and assists in 10 starts?

Comparing apples and oranges. He is going through a bad patch now but that is not a reflection of his talent level and skills.
Draxler is a german international. Let's look at it an different way, do you really believe Ox or Iwobi would start for the german NT or even be called if German?
Draxler will not move for less than 40/45 M and would attract the likes of PSG/Bayern/Juve. Do you really think Ox would cost that much even with the english premium?

Last edited:
Top Bottom