• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,156,018

Preacher

Always Crying
In an interview in Germany, after this deal was announced, Jonker said about Freddie, “He said he was really upset, he is interested in the individual development of the players and what he says is what I think.”

Strange comment.

BobP

Memri Fan
In an interview in Germany, after this deal was announced, Jonker said about Freddie, “He said he was really upset, he is interested in the individual development of the players and what he says is what I think.”

Strange comment.

Is this a comment in relation to our youth setup?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sanogo's back.

Starting for U23s v Sp**s. Dragomir also starts, with McGuane and Nelson in central midfield. Malen and Willock wide and Jenks starts again too.

Debuchy also returns ag CB alongside Sheaf. Bramall starts.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Is this a comment in relation to our youth setup?

Jonkers emphasis was on player development, meaning we used games to work on weaknesses and game intelligence. eg the goalkeeper would be told to catch everything one particular game .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What do people think of Mark Warburton holding talks to take the position left by Jonker?

I liked the job he did at Brentford when he was part of that moneyball project. Seemed to do well at developing players there. His time at Rangers didn't really work out, though he did get them promoted and we did give him Zelalem for the year.

I think he's an interesting character.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Better than Willock I reckon...
Arguable, certainly. Willock is seen by some as more naturally talented given his poise with the ball. He's a slightly more "elegant" player, very technical and well coordinated.

Nelson IMO is an equal to Willock in terms of pure technical ability but he has a touch of excitement on the ball, always busy and on the move. He dribbles at a higher tempo, plays the game at a quicker pace. It is even more interesting to see them play in a tandem as Willock is a good foil for him. I think if Willock played at a higher leevl of intensity he would be more effective.

Nelson is a dead cert for me - I would be hugely surprised if he does not make the grade at Arsenal. Just like AMN, there is no noticeable weakness in his game. I'm also extremely happy to see him scoring more goals too - he must be encouraged to do this more, and played in attack. Today he was in CM.

Reiss Nelson is a top lad.

"I’d actually been on trial with today’s opponents Tottenham when I was six but was spotted by Arsenal scouts playing for my Sunday team, Moonshot in Catford. As soon as Arsenal showed an interest, I went straight to Hale End and left Sp**s, because Arsenal were the team I supported."

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/20161107/reiss-nelson#3dTpwHVu1Dpurw0R.99"

:lol::lol:

arsmile

Established Member
our U23 squads are a bit embarrassing

Jenkinson and sanogo are 50 between them....throw debuchy and even per there.....

what is going on with these experienced pros stealing careers! Just seems like terrible squad management

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
our U23 squads are a bit embarrassing

Jenkinson and sanogo are 50 between them....throw debuchy and even per there.....

what is going on with these experienced pros stealing careers! Just seems like terrible squad management
i think just to give them game time to stay fit all three are gone next summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom