• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The thing is there is nothing special Arteta has done in arsenal especially when you consider he has spent £600 million in five yrs.

We finished 5th in the Premier League one yr before Arteta joined so stop describing him as if he’s taken Arsenal from the National League to the Prem

I agree. Arteta was given a job he was not qualified for. Then he was given more patience than any manager at a big club that I have ever seen. Then he was backed to the hill and given full control on who to sign. If Arsenal sacked him after 2 seasons of finishing 8th. I don’t think anyone would say that was undeserved.

At the same time Ange his first season in the PL takes over Sp**s who finished 8th. Then loses Kane and is about to finish 5th with more goals and points and maybe even less goals conceded. And some people are calling him fraud

Give most managers the time and backing Arteta got and they will do as well

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The thing is there is nothing special Arteta has done in arsenal especially when you consider he has spent £600 million in five yrs.

We finished 5th in the Premier League one yr before Arteta joined so stop describing him as if he’s taken Arsenal from the National League to the Prem

Nothing special? Are you kidding? Do you remember Arsenal over the last decade? The club have done incredibly well to completely rebuild the squad, connect the fans with the team again, have us enjoying the supporting the club again. I really look forward to our games now, one of the highlights of the week. He has us competing again.

Also, i'm pretty sure, statistically, we've been breaking all sorts of club records over the last few years.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Absolutely not ,but if we go tropheyless next season for a 5th year in a row however...he must go

So why not sack him this season?

You said it yourself, this guy has spent so much money and isnt anything special. Why only next season? How much more money can be wasted?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I agree. Arteta was given a job he was not qualified for. Then he was given more patience than any manager at a big club that I have ever seen. Then he was backed to the hill and given full control on who to sign. If Arsenal sacked him after 2 seasons of finishing 8th. I don’t think anyone would say that was undeserved.

At the same time Ange his first season in the PL takes over Sp**s who finished 8th. Then loses Kane and is about to finish 5th with more goals and points and maybe even less goals conceded. And some people are calling him fraud

Give most managers the time and backing Arteta got and they will do as well

Quoting yourself, the sign of a touched individual.

SA Gunner

I dont know why you're laughing @Xoxo

You think we're better than City? You think we have more resources than they do?

We already know you dont even rate Arteta, so how does he beat arguably the greatest manager over a season?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Imagine extending deadwoods like partey, nketiah, ,elneny, Jorginho and refusing to extend your best midfielder who is always available. No wonder the club has only one fa cup to show in 5 yrs even after spending 500 million. The worst thing they sold him for 15 million and signed havertz for 70 million View attachment 24200
So many things wrong on this post. Arsenal got 21.5 million pounds for Xhaka, and Havertz cost 65 million pounds. No one takes you seriously if you don't know the facts, or try to lie to enforce your points.

Xhaka last season wasn't even some super player he is made out to be, out of Havertz hate and reminiscing Xhaka's comeback after Arteta got him to stay when he was certain to leave. He was very good, especially in a new position, but look at these stats from last season. Arteta likely got something like 10 million pounds more for him, on top one year of more good service.

Elneny's contract will end this summer, and Partey's will next summer. Elneny was extended out of respect for a long-term squad player, after his bad injury. Klopp wished the same for Matip, so it's just a nice thing to do, plus Arsenal has had an extreme backup this season if needed.

Jorginho isn't deadwood, this year he had for example MotM against Liverpool and Newcastle from midfield. Plus he will replace the experienced leadership and coaching of Xhaka and Elneny.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What will happen if we finish 2nd and no major trophies again next season ?
I would move him on. That would be 6 years with 1 fa cup and with that backing it’s not enough. It would be more of moving him on as an acknowledgment that he can’t take that last step instead of just being bad. But like Poch at Sp**s.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Xhaka rice Ødegaard midfield is miles ahead of Jorginho rice Ødegaard. We are finishing 2nd this season and going trophy less just like last season although we spent 200 million last summer. This show we have infact regressed this season
The starting midfield for this season was supposed to be mostly Partey-Rice-Ødegaard. Is that miles behind Xhaka-Rice-Ødegaard?

Last season Partey was able to play 3/4 of possible EPL minutes, this season he has been injured. Do you think that affects your assessment of "regression"?

Have you seen the underlying metrics, plus goals for & against compared to last season? I can tell you that this season Arsenal has been even better.

Xoxo

Remembering Havertz Missing 3 1v1s Against Villa
So why not sack him this season?

You said it yourself, this guy has spent so much money and isnt anything special. Why only next season? How much more money can be wasted?
My problem is with those cultist who believe arteta is gods gift and genius while all he has won is FA Cup in 5yrs after spending £600 million.

Whether Arteta stays here in the next 10yrs is not my problem, that kroenke's problem.

SA Gunner

My problem is with those cultist who believe arteta is gods gift and genius while all he has won is FA Cup in 5yrs after spending £600 million.

Whether Arteta stays here in the next 10yrs is not my problem, that kroenke's problem.

Im not asking the cultists, Im asking you mate.

You said "absolutely not" when asking if we should sack "nothing special" Arteta this season if we go trophyless.

Why are you even bothering with this nothing special manager to begin with? Why waste another season?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

I think you are making these people up. I haven’t seen a single Arteta ‘cultist’ on here, just fans who are happy with the direction the club are going in.

Xoxo

Nothing special? Are you kidding? Do you remember Arsenal over the last decade? The club have done incredibly well to completely rebuild the squad, connect the fans with the team again, have us enjoying the supporting the club again. I really look forward to our games now, one of the highlights of the week. He has us competing again.

Also, i'm pretty sure, statistically, we've been breaking all sorts of club records over the last few years.
Arsenal over the last decade you said?

2019 : Finished 5th and reach UEL final

2017 : Win the FA Cup

2016: Title race

Arsenal with arteta: Spent £ 600 million, finished 8 twice ,bottled top four once, bottled the league title twice. Lost against the likes of vilareal, olympiakos, sporting in Europe

Xoxo

I think you are making these people up. I haven’t seen a single Arteta ‘cultist’ on here, just fans who are happy with the direction the club are going in.
Not specifically here but on the ground, twitter and reddit. For instance you will get downvoted to hell and permanently banned in gunners subreddit if you say Arteta bottled it against villa

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom