• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Betting On Football Thread 2016/17

Giroud

Established Member
Today I think Dortmund are ripe to be taken on. They've invested far too much in the future in recent years buying in young and haven't been able to replace the likes of Hummels and Gundogan. Opposition teams have been able to shut out their midfield too easily and their press hasn't been nearly as effective. On top of that there has been talk of internal problems with Tuchel publicly criticising his players and rift between the management and people at the top. They've been weak on the attack to defensive transitional phase and I imagine Benfica will try to sit back and expose this on the counter attack. Up to 6/4 is available on Benfica draw no bet which looks good value at the moment.

OG J0E

Dortmund at evens to qualify at evens on Paddy Power. I'm all over that.
Just watched the highlights, hope you've got Aubameyang a thank you card :lol:

Evens on Dortmund to progress is definitely value, especially given other sites have got Benfica at over evens so there is arbing potential. Still, will probably be another vintage Dortmund performance like last night - miss a load of chances, concede a scrappy goal from the opposition's first shot on target, miss a load more chances etc.

OG J0E

Someone talk me out of putting a month's rent on Sevilla -1.5 against Leicester next week. Don't see any way in which Leicester don't get battered.

STYLEZ

Someone talk me out of putting a month's rent on Sevilla -1.5 against Leicester next week. Don't see any way in which Leicester don't get battered.

What do you by 1.5 I assume Sevilla to beat Leicester by over 1.5 goals right.

I wouldn't risk a high bet solely for the reason Leicester know this is the be all and end all for them. Savilla will probably only win 1-0

Giroud

Established Member
Marcano is approx a 7/2 shot on my stuff so nearly double the price at 7/1 he looks a bet to score tonight against Tondela with 888sport. Most bookies have him 7/2. Felipe on the other hand is about 9/2 on my stuff but only 6/1 to score so accounting for error in my numbers 6/1 is possibly a bit short.

OG J0E

Back on with the weekendly bets. Value in:

West Brom to beat Bournemouth @2.10 - bet of the weekend, should be more like 1.65-1.75 based on both teams' form
Chelsea ht/ft vs Swansea @1.80
Everton -1.5 vs Sunderland @2.16
Watford-WHU >2.5 goals @2.05
Leicester-Liverpool btts @1.83

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

West Brom to beat Bournemouth @2.10 - bet of the weekend, should be more like 1.65-1.75 based on both teams' form
Took West Brom. Also feel new manager Hull should beat Burnley at home, who have Jeff Hendrick suspended.

OG J0E

3/5 last weekend. This one I am looking at:

Utd -1.5 vs Bournemouth @1.84
Watford +0.5 vs Soton @1.84
West Brom to beat Palace @2.30, again don't understand this price, maybe bookies are thinking WBA are safe and will start coasting
Liverpool-Arsenal @1.75, I got it at 1.89 but probably still worth taking tbh
Sp**s to beat Everton @1.70

Giroud

Established Member
I expect Dortmund to win tomorrow against Benfica and go through. Bayern are solid favourites to win outright but I can take on Atletico who aren't the same side this year and Man City look too short in the market. I've been impressed with Dortmund recently and their high pressing style will be well suited to Champions League knockout fixtures. 17/1 to win outright looks the value.

OG J0E

3/5 last weekend. This one I am looking at:

Utd -1.5 vs Bournemouth @1.84
Watford +0.5 vs Soton @1.84
West Brom to beat Palace @2.30, again don't understand this price, maybe bookies are thinking WBA are safe and will start coasting
Liverpool-Arsenal @1.75, I got it at 1.89 but probably still worth taking tbh
Sp**s to beat Everton @1.70
2/5, looks like West Brom have gone into cruise mode.

Gone big on Dortmund to qualify tonight @1.83, wankers better get to 3-0 quickly to settle the nerves.

Giroud

Established Member
I got on Dortmund to qualify after the first leg. Benfica got quality going forward but don't have the technical players to break the press deeper on the pitch.

Dortmund are being smashed in and rightly so.

Top Bottom