• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,522
  • Views 285,608

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i see alot of people linking us with De Jong checking his Fbref page and is that a mistake or he really earning 700K a week? what the f**k.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I'm not sure who's the better defender between FDJ and Guimares tbh FDJ still hadn't dislodged a 34yo Busquets from the DM role last season. He wasn't fully trusted there from my understanding. Let me quote a Barce fan:

'I supported De Jong, but there is no progress, and his limitations that existed 3 years ago, also exist now. He didn't improve at all in any area. Still modest offensive participation, still has moments where his defending is simply bad, still takes too many touches and so on.'

And another:

'Run of the mill box to box midfielder and most often than not a headless chicken in big games. Last season the presence of Busquets and Gavi made him shine. This season he's a shadow of his last season's self like most of our players.'

I’m not really looking for the stand out quality to be defensive. We have Rice for that. I’m looking for a player who can take the ball and move us forward, a player who can interchange between the 6 and 8 position. While that is Bruno aswell to an extent, I’m not convinced by the fee.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
A portion of his wages got deferred so this is basically catch up. I think normally he's on 300k p/w or something around that number.
that make more sense my god barcelona are so badly run. it's also actually goes up every new season no wonder he wanted to stay there and not going to Manutd.

Emibury

Why do so many people want rid of Jesus and Zinchenko? They are both decent players who are flexible in what position they can play. Exactly the kind of squad players we need, and they have enough quality to potentially displace first teamers when on good form.

We lost the league last year due to lack of strength in depth - by comparison City have incredible depth. We are unlikely to have as much luck with injuries next year as we have this year, so unless we get offered ridiculous money for either of them (and that's unlikely) we should absolutely use them as squad players. Selling them just makes us weaker.

Ship out players like Eddie, Tierney or Ramsdale if we need to free up wages and add to the transfer fund, but not those two!

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Why do so many people want rid of Jesus and Zinchenko? They are both decent players who are flexible in what position they can play. Exactly the kind of squad players we need, and they have enough quality to potentially displace first teamers when on good form.

We lost the league last year due to lack of strength in depth - by comparison City have incredible depth. We are unlikely to have as much luck with injuries next year as we have this year. Unless we get offered ridiculous money for either of them (and that's unlikely) we should absolutely use them as squad players. Selling them just makes us weaker.
i think G.Jesus will stay but Zinny we move on past him his form also not improving he making so many mistakes we can't keep him just get good money from him and buy another fullback. G.Jesus has the ability to play everywhere in front 3 even tho he not look the same after the knee injury but i expect him to stay.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I'd like Olise as he solves 2 problems for us, being able to offer depth with Saka or Ødegaard. I think Partey is done, it doesnt matter how good a player you are if you're not available.
As long it doesn't preclude us bringing in some pace as well

lomekian

Essays are my thing
What are your thoughts on Guimaraes? I was all for it when the news first broke, but the more I think about it, the more I struggle to see him in an Arsenal shirt.
Respect his ability, deeply concerned about his character - both his big time Charlie-ness at Newcastle, his obsessing about us, and the number of times he loses his head in pressure games. I think he's a bit of a Superman player - at his best when he has to do everything.

Would bring a nice range of abilities, but for the likely fee I'd much rather look elsewhere - Its a shame Ruben Neves isn't a bit more nimble. Although he's flattered to decieve at Barca I'd prefer FDJ as he would be a better fit for our style of play and I think would settle very well

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Respect his ability, deeply concerned about his character - both his big time Charlie-ness at Newcastle, his obsessing about us, and the number of times he loses his head in pressure games. I think he's a bit of a Superman player - at his best when he has to do everything.

Would bring a nice range of abilities, but for the likely fee I'd much rather look elsewhere - Its a shame Ruben Neves isn't a bit more nimble. Although he's flattered to decieve at Barca I'd prefer FDJ as he would be a better fit for our style of play and I think would settle very well

I feel exactly the same way. You’ve explained it better.

ragnarock

Wouldn't mind Ruben Neves actually...
What would be the price range for getting a player back from the twilight zone?

Goonger

I think with CL being more games. Hopefully do better in the cups. We could play +10 games. We need to build the squad. It’s clear the manager won’t play guys like esr or vieira. So they can’t really be counted on

The one I’m most curious about this summer is Zinchenko. What do we do with him

I'm flexible with Zinchenko. If we were to get a good offer, i wouldn't be against selling, however, i also wouldn't be against him staying, and i'd actually think about giving him some games in midfield in a squad role.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

As long it doesn't preclude us bringing in some pace as well
Olise should come regardless as a backup/competition. Then you might get a winger or cf and move Martinelli or Jesus on.

But given the amount of largely underused squad players we have it’s going to be a busy summer and almost impossible to address everything

Gn1212

Olise should come regardless as a backup/competition. Then you might get a winger or cf and move Martinelli or Jesus on.

But given the amount of largely underused squad players we have it’s going to be a busy summer and almost impossible to address everything
Why would Olise come in to be anyone's backup when almost every top team in the league is interested, some of which can offer him a starting spot and wages that reflect that.

El Realista

Agree with you. Bruno’s a top player but for 70/80m? Nah.

We need a technician to replace what Partey/Jorginho give us, and not sure Bruno is that guy.

I’m not even that big a fan of FDJ, but style wise he’s definitely the best fit imo.
We paid 100m for rice so if we pay 70 for him I don't care anymore. You talk about him like he was onana or coquelin... He is a baller, he actually played futher forward at Lyon like Ødegaard plays here. He is a complete midfielder that is better with the ball than without it and he is even better with it that Rice. I am sure they got would be immense.

If we wanted another approach we would be trying Vieira/Paqueta/Vitinha/ESR type of player next to Ødegaard but we don't (remember how Havertz didn't work). It's something different between city and us. They play more like a 433 and we play more like a 442/4231 where Rice and Partey/Jorginho play both centrally and behind Ødegaard and Havertz.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Would prefer him to FDJ all day long.

You guys are crazy. I’ve been joking about it but you guys actually want sh*thouse FC over baller FC and it makes me want to puke.

FDJ is quite simple levels above Bruno Guimares ffs

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We paid 100m for rice so if we pay 70 for him I don't care anymore. You talk about him like he was onana or coquelin... He is a baller, he actually played futher forward at Lyon like Ødegaard plays here. He is a complete midfielder that is better with the ball than without it and he is even better with it that Rice. I am sure they got would be immense.

If we wanted another approach we would be trying Vieira/Paqueta/Vitinha/ESR type of player next to Ødegaard but we don't (remember how Havertz didn't work). It's something different between city and us. They play more like a 433 and we play more like a 442/4231 where Rice and Partey/Jorginho play both centrally and behind Ødegaard and Havertz.

I’d be happy with Bruno, just think a guy like FDJ would complement Rice more.

It’s hypothetical anyway as FDJ is wishlist stuff and it seems we’re very much in for Bruno.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Is FDJ really a realistic alternative? Isn't he on ridiculous wages?

Not really, and I’m all for people saying Bruno is fine all things considered, but to say he’s better footballistically than FDJ is insane.

Frenkie would work so well here because he complements Rice perfectly. Everything one is bad at the other excels at and vice versa.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom