• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: How Good Can He Become?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It’s hard not to get excited about this player, he looks a phenomenal young talent. His pace, directness- all he has to do is brush up a bit on his finishing and he’s knocking on the first team door IMO.

I know the opposition was poor but he’s torn apart almost everyone he’s come up against. Wonder if he’s seriously in Emery’s thinking as he’s still so young.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It’s hard not to get excited about this player, he looks a phenomenal young talent. His pace, directness- all he has to do is brush up a bit on his finishing and he’s knocking on the first team door IMO.

I know the opposition was poor but he’s torn apart almost everyone he’s come up against. Wonder if he’s seriously in Emery’s thinking as he’s still so young.
I like him. He is a good player but not phenomenal. He has to learn how to play more teamwork and combination in the build up play instead of always being direct. Dribbling wise he is good but definitely have room for improvement.

Saka is phenomenal talent. Just 17 years old. Playing his first pre-season game and the manager decide to give him full 90 minutes. At 80 minute this kid is still playing at higher tempo than the seniors that came on just earlier. Elite physique. Will be bullying people with his pace and durability in future!

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Saka is phenomenal talent. Just 17 years old. Playing his first pre-season game and the manager decide to give him full 90 minutes. At 80 minute this kid is still playing at higher tempo than the seniors that came on just earlier. Elite physique. Will be bullying people with his pace and durability in future!
Stop overhyping our players. Saka is indeed a good talent but he is not phenomenal. If he is, what do you call these:

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

The interesting thing for me is not just his dribbling but his willingness to exploit space at the right moments. He's got a very good sense of timing and that's a really useful facet to his game as an attacker. It's refreshing to have someone who's direct dribbling comes with a bit of verve in the final 3rd, just needs to keep refining.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I like him. He is a good player but not phenomenal. He has to learn how to play more teamwork and combination in the build up play instead of always being direct. Dribbling wise he is good but definitely have room for improvement.

Yeah honestly I agree with this.. I see good, but not elite talent when watching him. Only 17 so too early to tell, but he's missing that wow factor you get when watching a true phenom at that age.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Not going to lie, but I was expecting more from Saka last night, especially the talent level he was playing against.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Yeah honestly I agree with this.. I see good, but not elite talent when watching him. Only 17 so too early to tell, but he's missing that wow factor you get when watching a true phenom at that age.

Hmmm..

Do you believe any of our current crop are elite young talents?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
The interesting thing for me is not just his dribbling but his willingness to exploit space at the right moments. He's got a very good sense of timing and that's a really useful facet to his game as an attacker. It's refreshing to have someone who's direct dribbling comes with a bit of verve in the final 3rd, just needs to keep refining.

Agree fully, he knows when and where he can make an impact which is great in a young player. I get the same vibe with Willock- his late runs in the box are textbook.

Will try keep a lid on it but I’m honestly so encouraged by some of our youth.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Agree fully, he knows when and where he can make an impact which is great in a young player. I get the same vibe with Willock- his late runs in the box are textbook.

Will try keep a lid on it but I’m honestly so encouraged by some of our youth.
Great stuff from willock. He can become a good player but not elite.

Good to see him dictating the tempo, distributing the ball, controlling the midfield and was more aware of his positioning.

He was running up less and play more with his brain. Love that! He is improving and correcting his style of play!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Hmmm..

Do you believe any of our current crop are elite young talents?

Nelson .. He might take a bit longer to acclimatize to senior football, but he has all the tools to be special imo.. Talent wise I believe he's elite..

And how much have you actually watch him mate?

Just his first team appearances and clips from youth football.. He's still young, but I have major question marks over his close control/touch, passing and even his dribbling seems a bit one dimensional. He might be better off focusing on becoming a great left back where his skillset might be more suited, but I don't know, I obviously haven't watched enough to say anything definite...

This is sounding too harsh on him lol, let's revisit this debate after preseason when I get to see more of him :) You guys might be right and I'm just not seeing it atm.

Nelson .. He might take a bit longer to acclimatize to senior football, but he has all the tools to be special imo.. Talent wise I believe he's elite..

Just his first team appearances and clips from youth football.. He's still young, but I have major question marks over his close control/touch, passing and even his dribbling seems a bit one dimensional. He might be better off focusing on becoming a great left back where his skillset might be more suited, but I don't know, I obviously haven't watched enough to say anything definite...

This is sounding too harsh on him lol, let's revisit this debate after preseason when I get to see more of him :) You guys might be right and I'm just not seeing it atm.

That left back thing again. Ok, let it be a crystal clear, that coaches have barely entertained the idea of Saka as left back. His skill set has made sure that he is being developed as left wide-forward. His dribbling, close control, touch it is at top level. Maybe you struggle to see it because he is just 17 years old and has since people knew about him being played against older and more physical oppositions.

Here is a fine video of his ability if you like to watch.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
That left back thing again. Ok, let it be a crystal clear, that coaches have barely entertained the idea of Saka as left back. His skill set has made sure that he is being developed as left wide-forward. His dribbling, close control, touch it is at top level. Maybe you struggle to see it because he is just 17 years old and has since people knew about him being played against older and more physical oppositions.

Fair enough on the left back thing, you know better and if the coaches has dismissed the idea than it's not worth thinking about..

Like I said let's revisit this after preseason, I don't have the same impression of him as you guys, but that might change after getting a better look at him..

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Freddie played him there a few times and mentioned his visible discomfort at the role. Also himself revealed that it's increasingly difficult not to play him as a wide forward because of how fast he is improving in that role, compared to playing at LB where he could still become a great player. It is his original position and since the shift it's been explored (especially for England) and Saka has worked very hard NOT to be played there :lol:. He obviously prefers being an attacker and given the numbers he put up last season, it's hard to argue against the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom