• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carl Jenkinson: Banter Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaGunnersYa

Ramsey has shown more here than any of the names you listed combined.

Yeah, over 2 years ago.

The names I mentioned come in and do a job when called upon, less so Gabriel as he still has room to improve. Ramsey doesnt play on merit anymore. People just like him so dont mind him ruining our fluidity. Its not a popularity contest.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yeah, over 2 years ago.

The names I mentioned come in and do a job when called upon, less so Gabriel as he still has room to improve. Ramsey doesnt play on merit anymore. People just like him so dont mind him ruining our fluidity. Its not a popularity contest.

Gabs did well today, despite taking a beating. Jenks can start looking for options in the lower leagues.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
carl-jenkinson-banter.jpg

redanddread

carlito'sway

Established Member
Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson lined up for Aston Villa loan
Steve Bruce is keen on taking the Gunners right-back on a temporary basis

Aston Villa are hoping to strike a deal with Arsenal to take Carl Jenkinson on loan.

Steve Bruce wants the Gunners right-back to join Villa's Championship promotion push in January.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...rsenal-defender-carl-jenkinson-lined-12303534

Would be a good move for him. I do not expect to see him playing for AFC this season anymore.

scytheavatar

Established Member
People complain about us not being able to afford Özil and Sanchez's wage demands, but wouldn't we have a much easier time if we are able to move some deadwood out of the team? Like Jenkinson?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People complain about us not being able to afford Özil and Sanchez's wage demands, but wouldn't we have a much easier time if we are able to move some deadwood out of the team? Like Jenkinson?
he's not as bad as some here make him out to be. pretty solid.

redanddread

He's always looked limited on the technical side but he's just short of confidence atm. I remember a few years ago when he first came on the scene, he was thrown into a CL qualifier straight away and held his nerve. He's still young, so lets not write him off right away, however, there's no getting away from the fact that he needs to step up massively if he wants to have a future at Arsenal, which at present looks unlikely.

carlito'sway

Established Member
He's always looked limited on the technical side but he's just short of confidence atm. I remember a few years ago when he first came on the scene, he was thrown into a CL qualifier straight away and held his nerve. He's still young, so lets not write him off right away, however, there's no getting away from the fact that he needs to step up massively if he wants to have a future at Arsenal, which at present looks unlikely.

He looks limited because he is limited. ;)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His always needed a run of games before he looks near the required standard and he's not exactly a youth player anymore. We need someone like Mertesacker that is coming to the end of their career.
Debuchy could be that guy, depends if his attitude towards the role has changed.

I think most who think his good enough for us, have a soft spot for him because he could’ve easily been another face in the stands. If he were a foreign import I doubt we’d see the same.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Come on mate. He is not as bad for a Championship or a mid level PL team. He is nowhere good enough to be playing for Arsenal FC.

He's a West Ham reject though..... debatable if he's good enough for a Championship or a mid level PL team. That's the problem with Jenkinson, he's a confidence player and when he's bad, he is bad for the whole season. That's why he was good for his first season in West Ham and a disaster in the second. I do not feel comfortable with someone like him as second choice right back, something Wenger obviously agrees with seeing how Gabriel is preferred.

Malky

Established Member
£60m to China? :drool:
£6m to anyone and I'd be laughing.
Right now he looks like one of those players that will continue to go on loan at diffrent clubs until his contract runs out and he leaves on a free, getting a decent fee in January would be great buisness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom