• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Pochetti-No More

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Controversial opinion, but I would still take Mudryk. I think there is a player in there with the right coaching and environment. Not for more than about £35m though.

Was thinking this earlier :lol: We can re-imburse ourselves most of the Havertz fee by taking Mudryk for £40m instead of the £90m+ it'd have taken to get him before. I think there's a player in there, too.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

No one is 'giddy'? :lol:

Chelsea is a mess, hard for anyone to look decent there.

Cold Palmer is going about his business, so I don’t really think that’s an excuse for Mudryk. Had Palmer been mentioned then I wouldn’t be against it but Mudryk, Disaster, Jackson etc are 🚩🚩🚩

There are other leagues for us to look at rather than just the PL or Chelsea specifically.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Cold Palmer is going about his business, so I don’t really think that’s an excuse for Mudryk. Had Palmer been mentioned then I wouldn’t be against it but Mudryk, Disaster, Jackson etc are 🚩🚩🚩

There are other leagues for us to look at rather than just the PL or Chelsea specifically.

Cold Palmer would cost a fortune now, could see him going for upwards of £80m.

Just looked and he's 1.89m you know, would suit our new look "be ****ing tall" system.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

No one is 'giddy'? :lol:

Chelsea is a mess, hard for anyone to look decent there.

Might be tempted by a cut-price Caicedo, Gallagher, Mudryk. Its amazing how much talent they have when you consider how **** they are.

Or perhaps those players just are **** and I'm being too optimistic for them.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Cold Palmer would cost a fortune now, could see him going for upwards of £80m.

Just looked and he's 1.89m you know, would suit our new look "be ****ing tall" system.

I agree that he’d cost a lot now especially as he did go for a massive fee initially for players within his age group. No value in that.

I’d steer clear of Chelsea and let them sort out their own mess. A points deduction or relegation would be nice.

Bucephalus

Arsenal fans always getting giddy over these Chelsea rejects.

Not the club I grew up on.
Exactly the club you grew up on. What was Bergkamp if not someone else's very expensive flop who turned out to fit way better here than he did in Italy? We only have Ødegaard now because he failed at Madrid.

For a club of our size--big, but not Oil Club/Spanish Giant/Bayern who can hoover up whoever they want--our transfer targets will always fit one of two categories. Look good at a small club, but haven't been at a big club yet. Or failed at a big club, but you can see the talent there, and think you can unlock it if the player is in a better situation.

No one thinks of Salah as a Chelsea reject any more. No one even remembers de Bruyne was once a Chelsea reject. Shopping for talented, but misfit players at the current club, is not a bad thing.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Exactly the club you grew up on. What was Bergkamp if not someone else's very expensive flop who turned out to fit way better here than he did in Italy? We only have Ødegaard now because he failed at Madrid.

For a club of our size--big, but not Oil Club/Spanish Giant/Bayern who can hoover up whoever they want--our transfer targets will always fit one of two categories. Look good at a small club, but haven't been at a big club yet. Or failed at a big club, but you can see the talent there, and think you can unlock it if the player is in a better situation.

No one thinks of Salah as a Chelsea reject any more. No one even remembers de Bruyne was once a Chelsea reject. Shopping for talented, but misfit players at the current club, is not a bad thing.

I understand the position if funds aren’t readily available as we had in previous years under Arsène Wenger after moving stadium or we’re willing to take risks to secure CL football like we did when we signed Ødegaard but justifying signing players from Chelsea like Mudryk, Jackson and others when we were able to match the British transfer record last summer just doesn’t make any sense to me. Why take a massive risk in saving a hoe from a sinking ship when you have the ability to acquire the creme de la creme and dine at the finest restaurants? The perfect quote which sums up this behaviour is this:

'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.’

Just for the record, can you or any of those folk that liked your post please point out a signing we’ve made from Chelsea that has turned out to be a success? I’ll give you Jorginho as he’s been handy but generally our business with them has been nothing short of laughable. Cech, Luiz, Gallas, Jorginho, Havertz, Diarra, Willian whilst we gifted them the best LB in Premier League history and a useful (key word being useful as he wasn’t great) player in Giroud who came back to snatch a European trophy away from us.

Maybe I’m more invested in this stuff as I’m surrounded by Chelsea fans based in London and take flack from them if the signing doesn’t work out whereas those who agree with you possibly aren’t. For me, I’d rather Chelsea sort out their own mess and those hefty 8 year contracts they handed out to their players than coming in and saving them for a second summer in a row but each to their own.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom