• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chris Smalling

gunnerGH

Established Member
ARSENAL: The Gunners are lining up a bid for Fulham defender Chris Smalling. The promising young centre-half, rated at £7m, has been targeted as a long-term leader at the back by Arsenal. (Daily Mirror)

Illusion

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Has anyone seen him play?

I paid attention to him when they lost 2-1 to Chelsea recently, I thought he did very well in place of Hangeland and was unfortunate to give away an own goal which won it for Chelsea.

Not really got any other special information on him, he seems pretty good but I don't think we'll be signing him.

True Gooner

Established Member
Good player and he's a far more likely signing than the likes of Cole, Forlan, Rodallega, Parker and the rest of them.

Although I can't see us making a move for him atm - maybe in the summer.

AFCG7

Established Member
thats right, as soon as Pantsil went off , Drogba scored after the replcement RB lost him as a cross came in.

Lord Dula

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
Never seen him before, I hope he is not one of those by name, by nature types..

I'm one of those types

Larging,... Esteban Largings me real name. Poppet.

This guy is a good clever defender from what I could make out. Reads the game well. Like others have said, canee see it this window

-vapour-

OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
yeah I was suprised to see no one had cracked the old "two small. Next." line. He looked really good against Chelsea. Whether or not that is his normal level I'm not sure. I felt sorry for him right at the end because he more than matched every Chelsea player and was brilliant up until that point.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He looked decent in that game vs. Chelsea and he was very unfortunate to give an own goal. But Paintsil was immense in that game and an injury to him cause Chelsea to come back from a goal down.

If Bolton get relegated( I honestly wish they do), I reckon we could put a bid for Cahill. If not him, Smalling could be a good backup CB.

dbig

Lord Dula said:
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:

I'm one of those types

Larging,... Esteban Largings me real name. Poppet.

This guy is a good clever defender from what I could make out. Reads the game well. Like others have said, canee see it this window

Thought your first name would be Avery.

Captain

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chris+smalling+wiki" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chris+smalling+wiki</a>

Latest posts+

Top Bottom