• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Bald Fraud's Chester City

carlito'sway

Established Member
He does have a point but there's no need to rise to it I think. Talking about personal records is the kind of thing Mourinho would do but Pep likes to portray himself as a humble guy.

Yeah, agree...He could have avoided it. Having said that, as mentioned by @SA Gunner, some questions and cliches from the English media are really getting old. The EPL is intense and fun to watch, but as Pep said, the other leagues are as good as well if not better tactically and technically.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, just like Mourinho always does.
Not quite. There's a lot to back up Mourinho's hubris & narcissism, apart from the stating of his record. There's hardly any for Pep. In light of a full picture of the the individual characters, the intent of the two can, and should imo, be read differently.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He does have a point but there's no need to rise to it I think. Talking about personal records is the kind of thing Mourinho would do but Pep likes to portray himself as a humble guy.
This is not like Pep, very Mourinho-esq.

This league is much tougher than the other leagues in Europe in that having the most money doesn't give you a free pass to winning the league, or even finishing in the top 4 for that matter, as United have found out.

He's used to having things his own way and this is a new experience for him.

I do like the fact that he's not interested in a plan B. He's his own guy, very like Wenger.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I honestly don't mind any of the managers saying it . I mean they pour countless hours into tactical side , methodology , historical data . Once a method is tried and tested you stick to it no matter what because you know it's going to pay off. It's the sticking part that is the hardest bit imo as a manager . Have you noticed all the top managers are stubborn ****ers ? I reckons it's on the traits of a great manager . A lot know the game genuinely have good ideas but start 2nd guessing when things go wrong whereas the top guys keep calm and stick .

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure this is all part of Pep's master plan though, these last 6 games were on purpose obviously. His tactical genius is so complex it's just too difficult for us mere mortals to comprehend. I'm certain everything is going exactly according to plan for him.

Ewarwoowar

can-i-give-my-dog-pepto-bismol.jpg

For bad runs!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Pep subbed Kompany at half time because he told him he couldn't play anymore. Looks like its a hard road back to fitness for Kompany.

Don't think he's well suited for the game Guardiola tries to play, this, in combination with his injuries, could mean his City career is almost done.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm sure this is all part of Pep's master plan though, these last 6 games were on purpose obviously. His tactical genius is so complex it's just too difficult for us mere mortals to comprehend. I'm certain everything is going exactly according to plan for him.

That's a lot of games without a win now .

Godwin1

Very well-known
I honestly don't mind any of the managers saying it . I mean they pour countless hours into tactical side , methodology , historical data . Once a method is tried and tested you stick to it no matter what because you know it's going to pay off. It's the sticking part that is the hardest bit imo as a manager . Have you noticed all the top managers are stubborn ****ers ? I reckons it's on the traits of a great manager . A lot know the game genuinely have good ideas but start 2nd guessing when things go wrong whereas the top guys keep calm and stick .
Yeah I think you're largely correct here mate and it correlates with great teams who always impose the way they play against teams rather than mix and match tactics depending on the opposition. There is variation in this of course, playing tighter against another top side is common, but generally the best clubs impose their own brand of football.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ah, the ever-so useful 36 war stratagems....

Watch the fires burning across the river
  • 隔岸觀火/隔岸观火, Gé àn guān huǒ)
  • Delay entering the field of battle until all the other players have become exhausted fighting amongst themselves. Then go in at full strength and pick up the pieces.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-Six_Stratagems#Chapter_2:_Enemy_Dealing_Stratagems

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Oh, so Pep never went without a win for more than five games at Barca and Bayern?

I could have done that for **** sake. Barca have Messi and Bayern assrape every single team in their league.

Top Bottom