• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Claudio Marchisio

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Love Marchisio, very well rounded, excellent central midfielder. I don't believe this though...

Refo

Didn't rate him when he was very hyped several years ago, but he's seemingly improved season after season. Very versatile player. He's filled in at DM for Juventus sometimes, and has looked pretty good.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's said we were in for him before I think a few years ago. He is a really good player and would be a class signing.

I agree with Dennis_Bergkamp_10 and GDeep, he's a massive Juve fan and this is probably a contract ploy.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
This would make sense from our perspective. He won't cost too much, very good player who can play well at DM or B2B

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Wow, didn't realise he is going to be 30 next season. Wenger already mentioned he'll be looking at younger players, so this seems an even less likely an option for us.

elber82

Decent hard working solid yet unspectacular midfielder but not the type of player that will improve us and that's what we need. If we sign a DM he has to be able to bench Coq, if we bring in a DLP he has to be an upgrade on Cazorla. If we get a striker to take Giroud's place he has to be a professional footballer. You get my drift?

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Decent hard working solid yet unspectacular midfielder but not the type of player that will improve us and that's what we need. If we sign a DM he has to be able to bench Coq, if we bring in a DLP he has to be an upgrade on Cazorla. If we get a striker to take Giroud's place he has to be a professional footballer. You get my drift?

He's much better on the ball than Coq and much better defensively than Cazorla. He could play with either and we wouldn't miss a beat unlike when Arteta or Flamini step in. It'd bring balance and strength to the squad because if either of those are out we have an equally strong alternative.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Very good well rounded midfielder, underrated if anything. He's a real jack of all trades. But I really can't see this happening.

Just waiting for us to be linked to Pirlo then we've completed the whole set.

elber82

He's much better on the ball than Coq and much better defensively than Cazorla. He could play with either and we wouldn't miss a beat unlike when Arteta or Flamini step in. It'd bring balance and strength to the squad because if either of those are out we have an equally strong alternative.
Wilshere, Rosicky, Arteta, Ox, we're stacked in midfield squad players as it is. New arrivals should be top class players ready to go straight into the team.

Marchisio is decent but we can do better. Much better.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Wilshere, Rosicky, Arteta, Ox, we're stacked in midfield squad players as it is. New arrivals should be top class players ready to go straight into the team.

Marchisio is decent but we can do better. Much better.

Marchisio is better at DM than any of them, Arteta's legs are gone and there's been talk of him retiring.

Chamberlain can't really play midfield well yet either and Rosicky seems to be good for 5 games a season.

elber82

Marchisio is not better as DM than Coq though. That was my point. If we bring one in I want an upgrade, a Javi Martinez, Krychowiak, Kondogbia. Lars Bender. Marchisio is not as good as any of those defensively or anywhere near the level of Cazorla, Özil, Ramsey or even Wilshere creatively.

Last edited:

Calypso_Boy

marchisio is a good player but reminds me a bit of ramsey in his style of play.

We should look for a conductor we bave b2b covered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom