• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's been at his most frustrating when leading the line before. He seems to think he has to be everywhere when he's meant to be spearheading the attack; comes short and deep too many times and generally gets in the way. That said, if the penny has dropped and he's doing what he's meant to be doing, then he has to stay in the lineup. I don't like the player I saw before his injury and I have no reason to believe he's any different now, but if his time out has given him time to think about his game and how to get the best from it, then it's great for us. It's hard not to hget a little bit excited when he comes back and looks like this. The football optimist mug in us all, is never far away from the surface :lol:
You completely disregarded this point when I said Sanchez comes short and deep too often in some of our games when he's a striker.

Obviously Welbeck isn't Sanchez but it's still a tactical issue.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You completely disregarded this point when I said Sanchez comes short and deep too often in some of our games when he's a striker.

Obviously Welbeck isn't Sanchez but it's still a tactical issue.
Sanchez does it with purpose and it's one of the reasons why we're 2nd in the league. How many assists has he got? Sanchez could easily play No.10. Welbeck couldn't. Sanchez doesn't get in the way.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Sanchez does it with purpose and it's one of the reasons why we're 2nd in the league. How many assists has he got? Sanchez could easily play No.10. Welbeck couldn't. Sanchez doesn't get in the way.
Alright so you don't have a problem with it from a tactical perspective...more from a Welbeck perspective. :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Who cares about assists?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We should not be comparing them. Alexis is way ahead of Welbeck, having played almost double the games and scored at a much higher rate.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Alright so you don't have a problem with it from a tactical perspective...more from a Welbeck perspective. :lol:
Putting the word 'tactical' in there doesn't change anything. Sanchez is just on a different planet when it comes to dropping deep; he still scores goals and makes goals when he does that, whereas Welbeck does neither when he drops deep. Welbeck is Welbeck and Sanchez is Sanchez

... tactically :rolleyes:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Putting the word 'tactical' in there doesn't change anything. Sanchez is just on a different planet when it comes to dropping deep; he still scores goals and makes goals when he does that, whereas Welbeck does neither when he drops deep. Welbeck is Welbeck and Sanchez is Sanchez

... tactically :rolleyes:
You pretty much ended this post how I ended my first reply.

I was just wondering if you didn't like it tactically and now I know. The word tactical in there definitely changes things because there have been games where Sanchez dropping deep hasn't benefitted the team. Pretty sure he's gotten a lot of his goals from more striker like movements.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You pretty much ended this post how I ended my first reply.

I was just wondering if you didn't like it tactically and now I know. The word tactical in there definitely changes things because there have been games where Sanchez dropping deep hasn't benefitted the team. Pretty sure he's gotten a lot of his goals from more striker like movements.
We haven't, and won't, win the every game he's played at false 9 or whatever. It's only fair to say there must be other factors, like wingers and midfielders failing to score, that has led you to believe it's a tactical issue. It's not all on Sanchez's role.

So in short, Sanchez dropping deep doesn't hurt us, but Welbeck doing that, does. Sanchez, for all the negative analysis he gets at false 9, has the numbers and the performances to justify playing the role as he does. If there are problems, they are elsewhere imo.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I just love Danny. Really such a likeable character. Having said that, I will not bank on him carrying this form for the rest of the season. If it can even be called form yet. Great game. Hope to see more!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We haven't, and won't, win the every game he's played at false 9 or whatever. It's only fair to say there must be other factors, like wingers and midfielders failing to score, that has led you to believe it's a tactical issue. It's not all on Sanchez's role.

So in short, Sanchez dropping deep doesn't hurt us, but Welbeck doing that, does. Sanchez, for all the negative analysis he gets at false 9, has the numbers and the performances to justify playing the role as he does. If there are problems, they are elsewhere imo.
Fair enough. It's hard to justify my opinion that we would do better as a team if he cut down on the false nine stuff just a tad (thus getting Özil more involved).

His numbers are excellent but I've just always thought that we have creators who can match him but nobody who can match him when it comes to scoring goals.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Beautiful little slip pass. Perez is lethal in the final third, he's been a top quality addition.
He really is. You know, if you're in the mood for a knife fight, there's a lot of good material on Lucas in this forum. Fat Aspas, that sort of thing. Can't believe the lack of patience and eye for talent in this place sometimes.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He really is. You know, if you're in the mood for a knife fight, there's a lot of good material on Lucas in this forum. Fat Aspas, that sort of thing. Can't believe the lack of patience and eye for talent in this place sometimes.

Don't worry mate, I see it all. It will all come to light one day soon.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

What or who is Fat Aspas? You're the 2nd one today I've seen mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom