• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez: Returning to Barcelona after injury

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
think he had a solid cameo the other day. obviously a tiki taka player, we actually need more of that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think part of the problem is despite him not being sh*t, we have so many glaring needs that exercising his option would be an abysmal decision
Agreed. But that isn't his fault is it? In terms of judging the player I would like to hold off till we have seen a decent time on the pitch. Say, more than 20 minutes.
I get some people are confused by this and usually I am not an advocate for youth but I see the points made in this context about ESR, Nelson and AMN as perfectly viable and relevant. However, that is not going to influence the way I judge the player and his ability.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Thought I don't see why we couldn't have given this guys place to Saka or Willock . I really think he could be a tidy player for us from what I am seeing , an auxiliary creative force .

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think part of the problem is despite him not being sh*t, we have so many glaring needs that exercising his option would be an abysmal decision
Yes, zis. I'm having hard time with the possibility of signing him permanently where I'd rather we be investing in someone else.

@Mark Tobias I actually don't think he is **** tbh. He is a good player but not just what we need in any way I can think of.

ArsenalFever

I get why people are concerned potentially buying a player who hasn’t shown why we should sign him, let’s not forget he came from one of the worlds top clubs and we are pushing for CL qualification, we needed extra depth and that’s what we got, it’s as simple as that in regards to why we signed him.

If he makes an impact or even shows signs of quality, then I’m all for signing him permanently for a good price, with the added benefit of the 6 month settling in period.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I get why people are concerned potentially buying a player who hasn’t shown why we should sign him, let’s not forget he came from one of the worlds top clubs and we are pushing for CL qualification, we needed extra depth and that’s what we got, it’s as simple as that in regards to why we signed him.

If he makes an impact or even shows signs of quality, then I’m all for signing him permanently for a good price, with the added benefit of the 6 month settling in period.
The La Masia or in his case Barce B production line seemed to have dried up years ago. The class now 24/25/26 year olds look like middling talents at best.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Real Madrid’s academy has surpassed them the last few years.. La Masia has fallen off after their golden generation.
La Masia keeps selling everyone because the young guys don't see any way to the first team.

Beast Incarnate

When we signed him, Mkhi was injured and Özil was out of favour. Unfortunately for him both are back and look to be finding form. Emery seems to like Iwobi as well.

Unless we have an injury crisis, I'm not sure how he gets a consistent run of games. At CM maybe?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Thought he was pretty good with his cameo today. Did nothing outstanding perhaps, but considering we were defending to see the game out he was good holding on to the ball and for the most part made the right decisions. Was better than Iwobi for example I thought.

Wryer

Nah, that's what they were haggling about in the beginning. He signed a contract extension with barca and has a fixed buyout amount, but no obligation to buy.
Great.
No disrespect to the kid, but if you can't make an impression in a fairly average Arsenal wide forward line, it doesn't bode well.

Top Bottom