• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dimitri Payet

Would you take Payet if Mahrez/Reus aren't avaible?

• Yes

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticSaint

http://www.givemesport.com/943540-dimitri-payet-names-the-pl-club-he-would-only-have-fun-playing-for

"I read that [Arsène] Wenger considers me the missing piece of the Arsenal's game, but he's never told me that!" he said, per Sky Sports.

"We conceded five or six at home against them. When you see them playing, as a technical player, you could only have fun in that team. They're candidates for the title every year."

"The situation at the club affects me, but I'm an ambitious person," he added.

"I'm in a fight with my club and I'm giving everything for them, to get out of this difficult situation, but I'm not closing the door to anything."

"I miss the Champions League... I've got some great years ahead of me and I want to enjoy them by playing in important competitions."

"If I'm forced to leave West Ham, it will be done according to the rules - the club will have its share of the cake.

"My coach understands that today's situation does not suit me. I will ask the questions at the right time."

Interesting qoutes from Payet here. Mahrez/Reus + Payet could be semi realistic in the summer. Will wenger buy a 29/30 yo winger?

BBF

"If I'm forced to leave West Ham, it will be done according to the rules - the club will have its share of the cake.

That's us out of the window then.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
I don't see his age being a concern because his game doesn't rely on pace. On form he is a glorious player.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We'd be hit for 6 in every big away game with Payet and Özil in the same team. Both lazy bastards defensively.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Serious question: Has he every played CM?

Wonderful player but the last thing we need is another attacking midfielder, but with that said we could play him on the left
---------Sanchez
Payet -------------Theo
----------Özil

But it still doesnt fix our inability to get the ball from defense to attack with Santi (and Jack) out/gone. It however could mean Özil takes up that task a bit more an plays a bit deeper in midfield linking our attack and Payet takes over in the final 3rd.

Guess it depends on how much he'd cost and how much the club/Wenger wants to go for the league this season.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't know, Iwobi tries very hard but he might currently be an even worse defender than Özil

I think he admitted similar in an interview that he's not sure whether to defend or attack.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Serious question: Has he every played CM?

Wonderful player but the last thing we need is another attacking midfielder, but with that said we could play him on the left
---------Sanchez
Payet -------------Theo
----------Özil

But it still doesnt fix our inability to get the ball from defense to attack with Santi (and Jack) out/gone. It however could mean Özil takes up that task a bit more an plays a bit deeper in midfield linking our attack and Payet takes over in the final 3rd.

Guess it depends on how much he'd cost and how much the club/Wenger wants to go for the league this season.
He played CM sort of in OM's 4-3-3 under Bielsa. Like an inside midfielder.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I wouldn't mind this guy, but I don't think it'd take us any further towards the title, we'd need more than just him so I'm not sure.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is there no similar quality forwards that also press? We'd be wasting half of Alexis by surrounding him with Payet and Özil.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Is there no similar quality forwards that also press? We'd be wasting half of Alexis by surrounding him with Payet and Özil.
I remember Payet defending fine when he played for OM. He may do it here as well.

TheLawOfDiQ

Another player that would slay crap teams but would go missing when we're afforded no space or time on the ball? No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom