• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup | Arsenal vs Reading | 25th of October at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunner12345

On Tuesday we play in the league cup against reading at home.

This will give us a chance to play some of the youngsters and players who need to play such as Chamberlain and Pérez.

Gibbs was captain in our last cup game so will be interesting to see if he is captain in this game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd like to see one of Maitland-Niles or Zelalem in central midfield. Both players have come on in leaps and bounds in terms of physical stature and ball-winning to complement their more technical playing style. They are looking extremely good for the U23s and in the games where they have played in deep midfield together, we have looked very solid.

In terms of up front, Akpom sadly has a back injury so not sure when he will be back. Lucas should probably play up front, with Ox and Willock flanking him. I imagine Jeff will start, but will play as a number 10.

I'm also holding out hope that we see Reiss Nelson in some capacity. He is the most exciting youngster we have at the club and it would be great to see him get a run out.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Ospina, Holding, Gabriel, Gibbs, Lucas & Chamberlin all deserve a game.

Jeff & AMN need minutes.

Would be good to see any of Jenkinson, Akpom, Ramsey & Giroud back if fit.

crazyman

Ospina
Maitland-Niles Gabriel Holding Gibbs
Coq Elneny
Walcott Chamberlain The Jeff
Perez​

Can't believe we're already down to barebones in midfield. FML.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Ffs. Rest Santi (if he's not injured already). Play one of AML/Zelalam in cm.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Ospina
Maitland-Niles Gabriel Holding Gibbs
Coq Elneny
Walcott Chamberlain The Jeff
Perez​

Can't believe we're already down to barebones in midfield. FML.
For Xhaka's red card, if the theories of "Wenger wanted to bring Coquelin back uncontested/teach Xhaka a lesson" are true, it definitely was a bad move.

It's possible (and probable) though that he knows the FA won't back down because it technically is the right call, so we're just rather unlucky. We may need to call upon a youngster, which is worrying but also exciting.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Difficult to give a **** about this game after the massive disappointment against Middlesborough but I'm sure I'll get into the mood within the next coule of days. I'd pretty much rotate the entire squad. At least minutes to Lucas, Ox, Gabriel, Gibbs, Jeff, Maitland-Niles and possibly some other youngsters. If Xhaka is available then start him as well

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Where's 'draw'? We can draw this game over 90 minutes, even if there has to be a result on the night.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Did they ever say why Debuchy didn't play the last EFL game? Is he is complete exile now?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Did they ever say why Debuchy didn't play the last EFL game? Is he is complete exile now?
He had a calf problem at the end of August, which iirc is why he didn't leave. Reckon Jenkinson might get a run out at RB here.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He had a calf problem at the end of August, which iirc is why he didn't leave. Reckon Jenkinson might get a run out at RB here.
Jenkinson is not fit yet though, so meanwhile AMN is our only real backup option. He's the one who started vs Nottingham Forest.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

Yes. If Jenkinson is available I'd expect him to be first choice. Debuchy 2nd choice. Would give Maitland-Niles a chance to play in midfield, probably with Elneny.

Martinez
Jenkinson (Debuchy) Gabriel Holding Gibbs
Maitland-Niles Elneny
Akpom(Willock) Jeff Ox
Perez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom