• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EFL Cup | Arsenal vs Southampton | 30/11/16 | 19:45 (GMT)

What will be the result of this match?

• Arsenal win

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Southampton win

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Draw (After 90)

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wenger is smart enough to know that playing a CoqNenny midfield is almost equivalent to throwing a game. I'm convinced he knew the midfield would not win this game.

Why not play a Xhaka-AMN midfield (which is almost perfect on paper)? If Wenger was so insistent on throwing this game then he may as well have tested out an exciting, promising midfield partnership.

What does a barely fit Lucas Perez have over a young striker who can't stop scoring?

This boils down to our squad being too large again (as funny as that sounds with our injury problems) and Wenger needing to keep guys happy. Jenkinson does not need to be here, we have Debuchy here and I'm convinced that AMN and Coq would do a better job than him anyway.

I also think we have one CM and one wing option too many. We have young talents that are capable of stepping in and filling in as 3rd choice players. Imo there's absolutely no need for a 3rd choice senior RB. It's just wasted wages and development opportunities.
Wenger didn't wanna throw them in in that game. Also, like you say, he has a bunch of other guys who he has to make happy with game time aswell, whether they really deserve it or not.

I would have loved to see a Xhaka-AMN pivot, and at least have Willock there. But hey, maybe we'll see more of them against Basel next week!

Who am I kidding :lol: - it will be Coq-Elneny again for no reason :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
My brother was at the match, he just happened to be in London and picked a ticket up. Said 2minutes he went and put a bet on Southampton to win as they looked up for it and Arsenal seemed not to be bothered.

Haven't seen anything myself but I'll take him at his word. Very disappointing. A chance to get into a cup semi final should be something you are up for.
Seems to be a trend at this club. Up for 90% of the season. The other 10% being vital games which make or break the season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Take a look at this pressing...

They clearly aren't being appropriately instructed.
Someone should put that "we're f*cking sh*ttt" chant as the background to this.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

One poster, who's handle I forget has already pointed out that we live & die on the quality of our individuals rather than our collective. It's probably why we get dusted out by better teams on a regular basis and have had problems dealing with lesser teams who have any semblance of tactical superiority.
How can you forget me red?:eek:

ggunner12345

The positive is Chelsea won't have an advantage over us till feb when cl knockout rounds as we and them will play same number games as them and players will have a week rest between games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom