• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Swansea City | Saturday 15th October 15:00

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
They just cleared up the red on TV. This is a NEW RULE this season. Ox said on TV he was totally unaware of it.

If you foul someone with no intention of getting the ball (aka tactical foul/dark arts etc...) its a red.
All right, now the red makes sense. I'm pretty happy with that rule, as we've been at the receiving end of those fouls ourselves. And I'm glad that the red which makes the rule widely known didn't cost us.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Isn't a calorie a calorie? The problem being that fat has 9x the calorie density of carbohydrates which is why they're so bad when it comes to weight gain?

I love biology but didn't want to pursue it at university. I planned to be a doctor for a while then realised it wasn't for me.
Except fat's a lot more difficult to breakdown.

Ended up doing a PhD in Chemistry. My mates are always teasing me I'm not a proper doctor like Ross in friends.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Going by @freeglennhelder2 s post if someone pulls a shirt it's a red card as there is no intention of getting the ball. I find that too strange to be true. Games would be abandoned week in week out. Shirt pulling in the box, red card, a trip red card, there are endless amounts of fouls committed in a game where there is no intention of getting the ball.

Chris Kamara said it this morning on "Goals On Sunday" on SKY. OX was a guest and looked completely bemused and said he hadn't been briefed on any such rule. I've done a quick google and cant see anything on it at all.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Chris Kamara said it this morning on "Goals On Sunday" on SKY. OX was a guest and looked completely bemused and said he hadn't been briefed on any such rule. I've done a quick google and cant see anything on it at all.
Im sure Ox said that they were told of the rule change at the beginning of the season.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Going by @freeglennhelder2 s post if someone pulls a shirt it's a red card as there is no intention of getting the ball. I find that too strange to be true. Games would be abandoned week in week out. Shirt pulling in the box, red card, a trip red card, there are endless amounts of fouls committed in a game where there is no intention of getting the ball.
I thought that only applied in the box:
Cu4nW2OW8AAUFPZ.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Calorie is a unit for energy. I'm done now before I get banned! :rolleyes:

So, I guess no one ever taught you not to use the word your defining in the definition. - Slevin Kevara in Lucky number slevin!
Yeah exactly.

A calorie from fat provides the body with the same amount of energy as a calorie from carbohydrates/protein. The problem with fat is that one gram of fat has around nine times the calories of one gram of carbohydrates.

Means you can eat excessive amounts of calories from a surprisingly small amount of fatty food. I know my science mate. :D

Anyway Arsenal, Swansea football yeah!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I thought that only applied in the box:
Cu4nW2OW8AAUFPZ.jpg
They got rid of the double jeopardy ruling this season. So if you're last man and foul in the box it's a yellow* and a penalty. If it's outside the box it's a straight red and freekick.

*the only exception is if it's deemed a dangerous tackle

Reactions: A_G

Doom

In 2002 there was a big controversy at the start of the season on MOTD and football phone-ins etc. about a new interpretation of the offside rule introduced by the FA that meant the linesman was to only call offside if he could "see air" between the attacker and last defender.

A highlight for me was when Mick McCarthy offered the oddly sage contribution to the debate when he asked "How can you see air"?

Eventually, after a couple of weeks of the "see-air-athon" some journalist lifted the phone to the FA to ask them for a quote and was told there had been no such see-air rule change, or reinterpretation of offside.

Literally the football experts had spent a month debating a figment of their collective imaginations.

I think they tipped Arsenal to finish sixth that season too. :eek:

3 August 2002 - fans are bemused by new rule - http://www.footballforums.net/threads/new-offside-rule-opinions.18144/

21 August 2002 - someone finally decided to fact check - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/3033085/FA-dismiss-offside-rule-change.html

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
I think in about 2006 there was a big controversy at the start of the season on MOTD and football phone-ins etc. about a new interpretation of the offside rule introduced by the FA that meant the linesman was to only call offside if he could "see air" between the attacker and last defender.

A highlight for me was when Mick McCarthy offered the oddly sage contribution to the debate when he asked "How can you see air"?

Eventually, after a couple of weeks of the "see-air-athon" some journalist lifted the phone to the FA to ask them for a quote and was told there had been no such see-air rule change, or reinterpretation of offside.

Literally the football experts had spent a month debating a figment of their collective imaginations.

I think they tipped Arsenal to finish sixth that season too. :eek:

That is just plain laziness. These guys should at least do their homework before. Too many ex players are hired as pundits when they don't bring anything to the table. That Michael Owen still has a punditry job says it all.
Anybody who predicted Arsenal to finish 6th is a *****. AFC never finished out of the top 4 under Wenger and have added quality to their squad from a second place finish last year. That only should give one's pause.

Arsenio Venger

It was def a red. And now opposing players will know the dude can take them out at any moment which is both a good and bad thing. Intimidation move

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal on the ascendancy... Playing really well...referee starts to panic and starts going through the more obscure rules to eff us over

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Rules are rules. I for one appreciate victory this way. I don't want any opposition fans having anything to say about luck when it comes to our triumphs. Hope to see more discipline from Granit. Not his best game for us. Still enjoy him.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Rules are rules. I for one appreciate victory this way. I don't want any opposition fans having anything to say about luck when it comes to our triumphs. Hope to see more discipline from Granit. Not his best game for us. Still enjoy him.
Exactly, we've received the benefits of the rule changes when we got the penalty for Giroud's shirt being tug. Why bemoan a rule change which goes against us for a change, especially since it didn't really cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom