• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Swansea City | Saturday 15th October 15:00

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If that's the rule then fine. What rankles is that there have been numerous incidents whereby a similar offense is deemed as a caution, rather than sending off. I can almost guarantee you that players who cynically grab arms/waists/any part of an attackers body to stop a counter will still receive only cautions - why the inconsistency? To me, I think Moss thought it was violent conduct because the fat prick was most likely too far away.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'll also add - this wasn't a discipline issue from Granit - it was clearly a calculated attempt to stop a dangerous counter with a cynical foul. He got punished by the ref's interpretation. Had he received a caution, everyone would be pleased at how he stopped a dangerous counterattack with a cynical foul - something that loads of people here (myself included) have moaned about in the past for our team not doing.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Exactly, we've received the benefits of the rule changes when we got the penalty for Giroud's shirt being tug. Why bemoan a rule change which goes against us for a change, especially since it didn't really cost us.
Ideally we lift the trophy having overcome the most blatantly unfavourable odds. A) because that's a sweet as you get it way to win the title. And B)because the odds often don't favour us right the way through to may so we better start learning to win inspite of them

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Exactly, we've received the benefits of the rule changes when we got the penalty for Giroud's shirt being tug. Why bemoan a rule change which goes against us for a change, especially since it didn't really cost us.
Where is confirmation of this rule change? I'm genuinely up to date with most rule changes but I've not heard this one other than it being mentioned on here. Almost seems as if this is the first time it has been used given the numerous fouls I've seen that fit this description receiving no cards or yellow cards.

Ewarwoowar

I have to agree that was a very cynical challenge by Xhaka and it made me wince, not because it looked anything more than a cynical flick, it was because it was unbelievably late. think you can be sucked into a victim mentality when you consider some/a lot of dire decisions going against us in the past and bias switched off that one was more or less deserved.

But in the context of fairplay I look at that challenge and still for the life of me dont figure how Costa or elbows Fellaini(even comentators and pundits know him as elbows) see so few reds?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, is there an official confirmation of this rule? I don't trust the mass media anymore.
I play 11 aside almost every Saturday (two out of three weeks due to work). Before my first two games the refs talked to us and explained the new rules. Every now and again we get a refresher as we get a ref we've never had before and they explain again to the teams as they have never refed them before. I'll be picking it up with them on Saturday. Based on what they've told us it's a red if it's a last man outside the box. Not a foul with no intention to get the ball ie a professional foul.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I have to say it's a brilliant job from Arsène! And I tell you, if Arsène leaves, then there is no chance of Özil and Alexis staying here, and I pretty sure they will sign extension if Wenger does, so be careful if someone of you wish he does not sign extension.

We all know in ManUre how difficult it's to change from 20 years of one manger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom