• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Burnley FC vs Arsenal FC | 2nd of October at 16:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Long time no see Markstar. Welcome back man.

Big big call you make there, namely it being a race between ourselves and Sp**s for the title.

I do not think its that simple to be honest. Yes both ourselves and Sp**s will be featuring at the top, but I dont think we can extrapolate the story of last season and just apply it to this one.

We have two excellent managers in Klopp and Guardiola. Not forgetting Mourinho as well, who is top class. I dont think it will be business as usual in line with the happenings of last year, as we have three men in the league who have more than enough ability to take the league.

It will be a four out of City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Sp**s, United, Chelsea for me. With any of those being able to win it or drop out the top four.

S'up brah, yeah I made the stupid decision to grow my business so now I have more money but no time. :lol::( What's wrong with me? Don't even need the money! Ah well, its something to do I guess. Howzit your end?

While I agree its not a simple copy paste job, the best predictor of a strong squad must surely be where team X finished the previous season + what business they have done + change in situation (usually European qualification adding more games or change in manager).

Sp**s and ourselves were the strongest teams in the league whose situations have not changed drastically, so our strengths are probably the most predictable. No new managers, no increase in games etc. We also both did decent business in the transfer window. Although I think we made more quality additions than they did, they have younger star players who will naturally improve with good management, so its probably a negligible difference in terms of performance output this season.

I personally think Pogba is an absolute myth, and Man United have already shown that shoehorning him into midfield has ruined their midfield balance. The sooner Mourinho realises this and either creates a midfield that makes up for his obvious (mainly defensive) shortcomings, or drop him altogether, the quicker you'll see Man U near the top four. Obviously, dropping a player who was bought for 100m is going to be hard to justify, but then I don't think Mourinho cares much for friends :lol: he might just do it to piss some people off.

Pool are quite honestly a pretty decent clogger team with a high workrate at best. When your best winger is Mane you aren't winning the league, it really is as simple as that. Maybe they'll prove me wrong and do a Leicester, but I very much doubt it. A lot of people (not you) are also discounting Chelsea, which I find baffling. Their squad is still strong, they'll have a strong season in my mind.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Since you don't want to agree to disagree then I'll start again.

Kos was offside.
Kos touch the ball first and then Ox kicked the ball to Kos' hands which was high and the ball was in. Okay the handball is contestable from FA vague rules but not the offside.
Ox kick even if there is no touch (which there was from Kos pained expression after the goal proof it - and no you can't say Ox only kick Kos' feet, the ball was also there) made Kos offside.
And no, even if you furiously defend the decision that they won't change their stance, people that call Vidic a hero for a blatant handball won't change their view.

1. Kos wasn't offside. A cursory glance at the video proves he was onside. When the ball flicks off of Theo's head, the Burnley defender who was challenging Theo for the header was 1-2 yards goal side of the 6 yard line, and Kos was directly over that same line. Kos was at least a yard onside, if not more. You can check it yourself

http://player.arsenal.com/matches/g855232/video/8376/burnley-a-highlights

The action starts around 7:30.

Not only is Kos being played onside by the defender marking Theo, he's ALSO being played onside by George Boyd, who went to close down Alexis before the cross. Couldn't be less offside.

2. Ox did not kick the ball, the replay is conclusive on this issue. If you think that kicking someone's foot instead of the ball is impossible, you've probably never played football before.

3. No one cares about Vidic. Even Vidic doesn't care about Vidic.

4. Is the goal lucky? Yes. Is the goal legitimate? Also, yes.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Agree on most of that. Think Pool will be better then you think, but I find it weird as you do when people keep naming few clubs above us as favorites to win it, even though all the signs are going strongly our way

Can't see it. Which Liverpool player has standout quality? Which Liverpool player makes you think "**** me, I wish he played for Arsenal"?

None of them do. They're a team of squad players, in my opinion.

Now compare that to City/Chelsea/ManUre/Sp**s, there are players from all of those teams you'd want at Arsenal.

Agree with you other than on Pool.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That...is a ****ing good point!
Never a pen tbf!

The offside thing with Kos is about whether Ox gets a touch first which comes off Kos. If that happened, then Kos is supposed to be offside. Nobody can say though. It's impossible to say for sure whether Ox gets a nick on the ball.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Never a pen tbf!

The offside thing with Kos is about whether Ox gets a touch first which comes off Kos. If that happened, then Kos is supposed to be offside. Nobody can say though. It's impossible to say for sure whether Ox gets a nick on the ball.

Yeah it was never a pen, which is why the goal stands.

Even if Ox got a touch (which he didn't)...Boyd is still playing him onside.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah it was never a pen, which is why the goal stands.

Even if Ox got a touch (which he didn't)...Boyd is still playing him onside.
He isn't. Ox is in front of the last burnley defender when (IF) he gets a slight touch forward onto Kos.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Having watched the incident again, Boyd is still a **** footballer.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Oh yeah, the offside. Yeah you're probably right having now looked at it from 5-6 angles.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Having watched the incident again, Boyd is still a **** footballer.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Oh yeah, the offside. Yeah you're probably right having now looked at it from 5-6 angles.
Of course I'm right. Did you forget who I was? :cool:

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never a pen tbf!

@DJ_Markstar Exactly this. Anyway, glad to have you back

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

I always used to think that if a handball was unintentional (like this one and Koscielny's) then play should continue UNLESS there was an obvious decisive advantage, like a goal, or an assist, or possession lost in a key area, then there would be an indirect freekick or something?

I always used to think that if a handball was unintentional (like this one and Koscielny's) then play should continue UNLESS there was an obvious decisive advantage, like a goal, or an assist, or possession lost in a key area, then there would be an indirect freekick or something?

Nope. Nothing ab0ut that in the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom