• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Sunderland vs Arsenal | 29/10/16 | 12:30 K/O (GMT) | Sky Sports 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Sunderland-Vs-Arsenal.png

We travel to struggling Sunderland in Saturday's early kick off. After a disappointing draw against Middlesbrough, three points here is a must. Sunderland are currently rock bottom with just two points. It would be foolish to write them off as they have a striker in Jermain Defoe whose capable of scoring against any opposition if given the opportunity.

Our next two Premier League fixtures are at home to Tottenham and away to Man Utd, we need as much momentum as possible heading into those games.

Team News
Per Mertesacker out- Knee
Danny Welbeck out- Knee
Santi Cazorla 50/50- Achilles
Granit Xhaka out- Suspension
Lucas Perez out- Ankle
Theo Walcott 50/50- Illness
Aaron Ramsey will be available for selection again for the first time since the season's opening defeat against Liverpool. Good to see him back, he has previous against Sunderland after all;
Ramsey3-1.gif

Possible Lineup
Cech
Bellerin Koscielny Mustafi Monreal
Coquelin Cazorla
Walcott Özil Chamberlain
Alexis
Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Gabriel, Ramsey, Iwobi, Perez, Giroud.

Strong team and options off the bench to change the game if need be.

Prediction
1-3

Walcott, Ox and Sanchez for us, Defoe consolation for The Black Cats.​

Let's get back to winning ways in the PL ASAP. COYG!

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm guessing if Santi is 50/50 we'all see Elneny in midfield? Hopefully Ramsey gets a run out.t.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Just want three points before we head into some difficult games. We can't afford to drop a lot vs. lower league teams, the league is already tighter then ever at the top.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Did Xhaka get 3 game ban?

I'm going for this as I want to keep Ox's confidence high. The pace of that front 3 has to be the quickest in PL if not Europe.

------------------Cech
----------Coquelin Cazorla
---------Walcott Özil Chamberlain
-----------------Alexis

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Gabriel, Elneny, Iwobi, Perez, Giroud.

MagicalRozza

I'd gladly see Perez at cf this game substituted by Giroud if needed. I'd also start Ox at lw to be substituted by Alexis. Let's stir things up a bit;)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I just want a win, I always feel nervy when we face a team that's in such horrid form because eventually they'll put in a big performance and it usually happens when we visit a struggling team.

It'd be a real shame if Cazorla isn't fit especially with Xhaka missing and Ramsey won't be ready start yet.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Cech
Coquelin Cazorla
Walcott Özil Chamberlain
Alexis
Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Gabriel, Iwobi, Ramsey, Perez, Giroud.

If Cazorla is available I think he'll start and I think Elneny might just miss out on a place on the bench. If Cazorla isn't fit, I think Elneny might start.

I think Wenger will try to give Ramsey minutes if they get a good lead, with a view to giving him more game time against Ludogorets. Same with Giroud.

logic DC

not playing Xhaka in the CL last week really backfiring, painful watching us without Santi/Xhaka these two guys are vital not necessarily as a pair but we've got to have one of them playing to perform at our best. anyways hoping for an Arsenal win here.

DesiGooner

Sunderland are dire but could still frustrate us like last season's match. Would like to see Ox and Gibbs start with Ramsey and Giroud getting some minutes.

My prediction: 2-0 Arsenal

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I think Ox will start this one. I expect it to be a tight game in the first half but we will carve them open in the second so I will go with a 3-1 win.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I have a feeling that Sunderland will defend with 10 but if we can go all out in the first 20 minutes and get early goals then we can reduce them to total defence and damage limitation. That's the dream anyway.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Looks like quite a few of their starters playing tonight. Long trip as well.... Hope it goes to extra time.

ggunner12345

Cech
Coquelen Cazorla/Elneny
Walcott Özil Chamberlain
Sanchez

hope that Ramsey makes the bench and comes on. Also hope we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom