• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Euro 2016

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Agree but even with Welbeck 100% we needed a new striker. Welbeck CANNOT be relied upon to score a decent amount of goals, he could only dream of getting Giroud type numbers tbh. What's his season best? 8? Welbeck isn't good enough, more Everton level.

Welbeck hasn't played ~50 games per season over the last 4 years, while being the unquestionable number 1 striker because the competition is weak as **** with jokers like theo, poldi, sanogo and gervinho.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Welbeck hasn't played ~50 games per season over the last 4 years, while being the unquestionable number 1 striker because the competition is weak as **** with jokers like theo, poldi, sanogo and gervinho.

There are periods where Giroud has been dropped, like you said the likes of Poldi, Gerv and Theo (**** me that list :lol:) all have had a chance centrally and failed to impress. Welbeck can be included in that list, Giroud broke his leg at the start of the 14/15 season and Welbeck was given an extended run up top, the result? 3 league goals. Awful return, think he finished the season with 4 league goals in total :lol:.

Welbeck is a superb athlete, strong, quick and has a great leap. But he's a sub-par footballer. He'll never be an elite striker, we should cash in once he's fit.

Furious

There are periods where Giroud has been dropped, like you said the likes of Poldi, Gerv and Theo (**** me that list :lol:) all have had a chance centrally and failed to impress. Welbeck can be included in that list, Giroud broke his leg at the start of the 14/15 season and Welbeck was given an extended run up top, the result? 3 league goals. Awful return, think he finished the season with 4 league goals in total :lol:.

Welbeck is a superb athlete, strong, quick and has a great leap. But he's a sub-par footballer. He'll never be an elite striker, we should cash in once he's fit.

When he signed, we were super unsettled as a team with Wenger trying the 433 playing maestros like Özil/Santi wide with their students in the middle, Wilshere and Ramsey. Awful stuff, it was bound to be bad.

His goalscoring is indeed questionsable, hard to put words on what he actually has to do to get past that barrier, but if he was as lucky as Giroud has been for us, I wouldn't be surprised if he scored a decent amonut of goals.

He needs continuity, and hasn't got that here, be it injuries or playing as a striker.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
When he signed, we were super unsettled as a team with Wenger trying the 433 playing maestros like Özil/Santi wide with their students in the middle, Wilshere and Ramsey. Awful stuff, it was bound to be bad.

His goalscoring is indeed questionsable, hard to put words on what he actually has to do to get past that barrier, but if he was as lucky as Giroud has been for us, I wouldn't be surprised if he scored a decent amonut of goals.

He needs continuity, and hasn't got that here, be it injuries or playing as a striker.

There's a reason he wasn't able to establish himself as a first choice striker here or at Yanited, he's not good enough. I urge you to watch our FA Cup semi-final last year against Reading, he lead the line and no word of a lie it was like playing with 10 men.

His movement, finishing and lack of predatory instinct suggest he'll never become a top striker. He's 25 now too. His best spell was at Sunderland, where he managed 6 goals in 20-odd games, (Bendtner scored more in his time there, mind.)

Welbeck does bring certain qualities to a team, goals isn't one of them though. We need someone to finish off chances on a regular basis, Welbeck isn't an improvement on Giroud, despite being quicker.

Furious

There's a reason he wasn't able to establish himself as a first choice striker here or at Yanited, he's not good enough. I urge you to watch our FA Cup semi-final last year against Reading, he lead the line and no word of a lie it was like playing with 10 men.

His movement, finishing and lack of predatory instinct suggest he'll never become a top striker. He's 25 now too. His best spell was at Sunderland, where he managed 6 goals in 20-odd games, (Bendtner scored more in his time there, mind.)

Welbeck does bring certain qualities to a team, goals isn't one of them though. We need someone to finish off chances on a regular basis, Welbeck isn't an improvement on Giroud, despite being quicker.

I do agree with most of what you say, but think he's harshly judged. Injuries aside he has done more good than bad imo, but as a said lack of continuity is hurting him badly.

Axel_Gunner

under 19 Euro.

Germany 0-1 Italy.
Goal: penalty after handball :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Unbenannt.png

BBF

Got time for Portugal.

One of the best looking girls I've ever gotten off with was Portuguese.

GDeep™

League is very weak
My boy Ramsey in the totm.

Ronaldo does some cringe stuff, but I think he's incredible, these people at the top of their field are killers, we see that with Ronny, but we also see a team player and team man, a leader.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
One thing I love about Ronaldo is that he left Man Utd as soon as he reached his peak, and then went on to become a better player at Real Madrid.

Then he repeatedly led Man Utd and its supporters up the garden path to get bigger deals and contracts from Real. And after signing his biggest contract he said "For me Manchester is the past". Owns so much.

carlito'sway

Established Member
To conclude/ close this thread, I have to say that the French did a great job organizing this Euro, under the circumstances that we all know. Eight months ago, we were all nervous and there were talks of canceling the event. The fact that it went so well is just remarkable. I was in France for 10 days, went to matches at Lille, St Etienne, Bordeaux and Paris and really enjoyed the atmosphere and never felt not safe.
Kudos as well to the hundred of thousand of fans from all over who made the event a huge popular success.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom