• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Actually got offered a ticket to go by a friend of mine who managed to snag a couple. Told him I'd sooner go to Kinshasa than Baku :lol:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The loss of mangers like Wenger and Ferguson will mean these changes happen more quickly I think.

I think I actually agree with you. It's kind of complicated but I feel managers changing, too, has an effect.

In Germany there's a generation of managers on the brink of coming through, who have only played at amateur level but studied sports science and chose football manager as their future job. We don't have guys anymore who may have been rather bad footballers themselves, but then went through youth and co coaching to get their first proper job, but guys who have literally never played the game, but studied it and with their sports science degree and their UEFA pro license get into first team jobs right away. Of course with such a process of professionalism the sport loses a good bit of passion. I'm certainly not trying to say all these youngish new guys are devoid of passion for the sport, but the academization and professionalisation of the sport does take a little emotion out of it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think I actually agree with you. It's kind of complicated but I feel managers changing, too, has an effect.

In Germany there's a generation of managers on the brink of coming through, who have only played at amateur level but studied sports science and chose football manager as their future job. We don't have guys anymore who may have been rather bad footballers themselves, but then went through youth and co coaching to get their first proper job, but guys who have literally never played the game, but studied it and with their sports science degree and their UEFA pro license get into first team jobs right away. Of course with such a process of professionalism the sport loses a good bit of passion. I'm certainly not trying to say all these youngish new guys are devoid of passion for the sport, but the academization and professionalisation of the sport does take a little emotion out of it.

Surely managers that have had to study the game for so long would only be more passionate?

Bergkamp1988

Welcome to Baku.

Sh*t.. Azerbaïdjan ! That is just dandy.. Quite frankly I don't care what you want to make part of 'Europe' or not. The more the merrier. But don't send my Team to play the most important game of the season in the god damned Middle East. Geewizz.. They're just a step above Irak for crying out loud.
Is this a money thing or a pc tolerance thing? Don't understand. They don't seem very caring about the Armenians.

Toby

Surely managers that have had to study the game for so long would only be more passionate?

I don't know. It does feel a bit awkward to me. You know, you study sport science with a major in football, and then you become a coach in it because that's where the best paid jobs are.

Toby

It’s named the most anti LGBT country in Europe, and we were the first team in England to have a gay fan group.

It’s 2019, you shouldn’t be giving showpiece events to such backwards countries as a reward.

Morals....pft...

7lm4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom