• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League Quarter Final: Napoli v Arsenal

Who do you want to draw?

• Total voters

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
With all the money injected since almost a decade now, it's actually a bit embarassing how bad English teams have done internationally in the recent past.

And I agree with you that a lot has to do with One-Man-Shows - be it the manager or a president/investor - running the clubs without much further football acumen in executive jobs and this resulting in abysmal squadbuilding and manager choices at times.

Don't think it's a big coincidence that clubs who have come to adapt a more continental, multi layerd leadership model are doing better: Liverpool since they scrapped their Transfer Committee and have Michael Edwards, the structure at Leicester with multiple Scouts and Directors, City have brought in Begiristain and Soriano in 2012 and their recruiting seems a bit more focused in comparison to 08 to 12. And those club who had such a structure for longer weren't helped by the fluctuation. Chelsea are a shambles, United are, Fulham did horrible business this summer, Newcastle are a joke somewhat - they're all still one man shows.

True ! However, I give most credit to Klopp for Liverpool's success. He's just repeated what he did at Dortmund, making each player reach their full potential whilst providing unseen cohession and attitude amonst all players.

What a manager

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
True ! However, I give most credit to Klopp for Liverpool's success. He's just repeated what he did at Dortmund, making each player reach their full potential whilst providing unseen cohession and attitude amonst all players.

What a manager

Agree. Will be argued on here vehemently, and his "lack" of trophies puts a bit of a question mark over him, but nonetheless to me he's the currently best manager, especially if you put his and others' work into context. What he's done at Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool is just astonishing and just tops what Guardiola and Zidane have done.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If we win the whole tournament would we have a bus parade and stuff?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
If we win the whole tournament would we have a bus parade and stuff?

I think some European sides have done this, but ManU didnt.

Short answer. My opinion: HELL NO.

We'd be a laughing stock.

But if the club found a way to generate some money from a parade, then it can't be ruled out I suppose. Not much is getting signed off in Brexit-Britain so doubt it would be approved by council/police anyway.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

But if the club found a way to generate some money from a parade, then it can't be ruled out I suppose. Not much is getting signed off in Brexit-Britain so doubt it would be approved by council/police anyway.
No shame in having one! I think it'd be more embarrassing if we didn't have one. Our first Euro pot since the early 90's? We aren't in a position to act all proud on that front.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We had a parade for the FA Cup, I guess as the oldest recognised competition and the history behind it, it had much more significance.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Yeah, after thinking about it, maybe I was being a tad harsh - but let's not get premature with discussions of parades anyway :lol:

Top Bottom