• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Felipe Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Segway said:
When he says the offer will improve his salary I'm thinking the club might be PSG or Malaga when it is the money that is the main reason behind his desire to move clubs and not the actual size and prestige of the club. I'm certainly not thinking Arsenal and I hope that he's not coming here. He's a tosspot of a player.

First thing I thought of when I read the rumour. I can't imagine us paying him a whole lot more than Juventus. Wouldn't mind him here, he has a few useful qualities that should be especially useful during the ACN.

Segway

Latest news is that Galatasaray has opened talks with Juve with a view to loan Melo for a year with an option to buy.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yep, he's gone to Galatasaray on loan.

A number of good CM's have been available this Summer and we are doing nothing.

qs

Established Member
Meh not that bothered about missing out on Melo, he's nothing special anyway. Would've been grand squad depth but not a first teamer.

caek

Yeah, I'm not too interested in Melo either. He's alright I suppose but I don't think he's an upgrade over Song. Song is well integrated within the team and has decent PL experience. We may have Frimpong coming through this season too, which would provide additional competition, although we still do require one more signing in the DM position.

The problem with Melo is that he possesses two of the absolute worse attributes a ball-winning defensive midfielder should not have (especially in a league as competitive as the PL):

1. An extremely short fuse.
2. A bit of a ***** at times, to put it bluntly.

been

turkey bound

lock it up

before I go I think it was criminal the way toulalon was treated these last 2 years, no one just all of a sudden loses everything they've got.

He clearly showed he was still a top DM in his short WC time and am confident could have easily regained his form. Probably the best DM of the last 3 years.

A dm with attributes you wish for, a brute, great positioning, hard tackler, and someone who does not get bullied

gstew

Glad we dodged this bullet.

Shame we didn't bid on Vidal, though. That is another miss on a bargain for a great player. Just like last year with Özil.

Glovegun

Established Member
We do need another defensive midfielder. Even disregarding the doubts about Song, we lack a decent back-up. Diaby doesnt have the discipline to play the holding role and Frimpong is very green. Someone experienced ideally. Parker might cost too much, but Senna would've been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom