• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Forum Ideas Thread

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t really know where to post this (mods feel free to move stuff wherever) but this will probably get the most traffic.

Anyway, here’s my first bright idea: Community Voting

For every match we give players individual ratings. The ratings are then aggregated and each player gets an average score. Using that average score we can then calculate community MOTM, community player of the month/season as well as the opposite (I say we call it wasteman of the week/month/season etc).

I think the forum’s large enough that the trolls wouldn’t have too large an influence on the voting and it would lead to plenty of talking points. I’m not sure how it would work though, doing it manually would be a bit too much work for the mods but if the forum had some kind of functionality for it that would be great.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Second bright idea: Update only threads in the transfer forum.

I’ve already mentioned this once during summer but may as well say it again. A lot of the player threads were full of BS and reminiscing, I had no problems with it but I know some people would log on excited to see 30 new pages only to discover it was BS.

If we had separate threads for players we were linked to where we could only post updates from respectable sources (tier 3 and above maybe?) then that would help a lot of people out. There would be no discussion on these threads though, we would still use the normal player threads for that. The mods are already doing something similar with the thread titles but that’s only for the most recent update.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Trilly nicked that second idea off someone else but i think they're both pretty good ideas all the same.

say yes

forum master baiter
Close the lobby and move the ‘introduce yourself here’ thread somewhere where people will actually read it.

What’s the point of an entire sub-forum with one thread? Just clutter.

Completely agree with @Trilly ’s first idea, match voting would be great. I like the transfer threads the way they are though. Works well so long as the titles are updated by a mod whenever anything actually happens.

say yes

forum master baiter
There are also too many pinned threads at the top of the forum. In that regard:

1. I’d move the ‘merci wenger’ thread to a ‘Arsenal history’ sub-forum where people can discuss him / old matches / ex-players etc. It’s the second season without him now.

2. We don’t need a general Arsenal fitness thread. Should just discuss each player’s fitness in their own threads which is usually what happens anyway.

3. Similarly, would ditch a collective loan thread and discuss each loaned player (like Nketiah) in their own player threads- maybe use the new academy sub-forum for loanees too. There’s enough interest in these guys to make it work.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I really wish the status's and recent posts were swapped around as well.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Close the lobby and move the ‘introduce yourself here’ thread somewhere where people will actually read it.

What’s the point of an entire sub-forum with one thread? Just clutter.

Completely agree with @Trilly ’s first idea, match voting would be great. I like the transfer threads the way they are though. Works well so long as the titles are updated by a mod whenever anything actually happens.

"Pepe deal called off" :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I haven't done that for 10 years and i'm not changing now.
arsenal_featurepic.jpg

Latest posts+

Top Bottom