• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Football 2016/17

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
What a boo boo by the OG Nice keeper.........Cavani ends up with an open goal to slot home Nice's 2nd. 2-2!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Will feel like two points dropped for Nice despite the fact they'd have taken a point before the game started. They're back top at least.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Will feel like two points dropped for Nice despite the fact they'd have taken a point before the game started. They're back top at least.

It is a good result for OGC. PSG needed to win while Nice was under no pressure.
I have to say though that AS Monaco is simply impressive and may be the favorites for the title. They are scoring for fun this season.

Last edited:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Cracking game. Seriously, I hope Arsenal is looking at Wilan Cyprien.
This kid is 21 yrs old and is already the complete package in CM. He would do great to come in next season and continue to progress under Santi.

His defensive stats seem poor for a CM, no? How about Seri and Periera, potential players?

Lamar from Monaco seems highly rated as well. How would you rate him among the likes of Martial, Dembele, Coman, etc? Talents in France are exploding, it's insane.

Not watched nearly enough Monaco and Nice, very exiting what they're doing this season.

carlito'sway

Established Member
His defensive stats seem poor for a CM, no? How about Seri and Periera, potential players?

Lamar from Monaco seems highly rated as well. How would you rate him among the likes of Martial, Dembele, Coman, etc? Talents in France are exploding, it's insane.

Not watched nearly enough Monaco and Nice, very exiting what they're doing this season.

You are right. They are producing a lot of great players in France.
Cyprien has a lot to learn, particularly defensively, but he is young and was still playing in Ligue 2 last season. He has a huge ceiling and he is progressing every week with Favre. He has all the tools to be great though.
I said it, a few weeks ago here, Pereira is the full back I wish Arsenal could buy to back up and take over from Nacho (he can play RB or LB). He is on loan from Porto and will likely be back to Portugal next season. Porto, seeing his progress, has put a 20 + M tag price in him.

Lemar is really talented as well. Either him or Bernardo Silva (a future crack) will leave Monaco this summer, they will cost a lot of money.
I actually rate Lemar higher than Martial or Coman. No surprise he was called to the French NT last month instead of Martial. Different player though, he is a real winger with speed, technique and bags of tricks. He is fun to watch.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
PSG has raised the standard in France - it was improve or die I guess.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
PSG gas raised the standard in France - it was improve or die I guess.

Indeed. PSG has been the catalyst. The Ligue has improved and will continue to do so. Monaco is really good & Nice is a nice surprise.
OM has a new owner and with manager Rudi Garcia and SD Zubizaretta, they will get better quickly. Lille is getting a new owner as well and Bielsa is rumored to go there next year.

Tir Na Nog

Nice ending the weekend 4 points ahead of Monaco.

PSG looking a long way off now, Emery could be on the brink soon. Heard talk of LvG being mentioned as a successor.

carlito'sway

Established Member
RMC just announced that Morgan Sanson will join OM after a €12m bid was accepted by Montpellier. Good pick for Marseille. Talented central midfielder.

Tir Na Nog

Nice won earlier to go top on 49 points. Cavani has just scored a huge penalty for PSG to put them 1-0 up against rivals Monaco. Both those sides are on 48 points if it finishes like this with Monaco having the better goal difference. This could be a huge win for PSG.

Latest posts

Top Bottom