• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista: No Entiendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think Rob Holding is a superior player.

That could just because of the language barrier that he slots in more easily. I've watched Gabriel in YT videos and he looks like he doesn't know what's happening most of the time, so god knows how he copes on the *****.

OSOA

Decision making - ****
Game reading - ****
Positioning - ****
Technique - ****

He's punching way above his weight.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure where the criticism is coming from. This season has looked good at RB & CB... + both positions in the same game which is never easy. Very happy to see him as our third choice CB & fill in fullback.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel is a solid defender, but his technical ability and passing needs to improve a lot if we want to be successful against the top teams when he's playing.

All the top teams in England and Europe press the defense and try to trap teams in their own half. We do this too. Alexis' pressing has added another dimension to our attack.

To break the press, teams need defenders that can interchange quick passes with midfielders or the ability to pass through or over the midfield and find their attackers.

Gabriel can't do either of these, and we end up turning the ball over and we can't relieve the pressure from the opposition.

Against City, Gabriel's and Coq's poor technique allowed Man City pressure us constantly.

Gabriel is a solid defender, but against the top teams his poor technique and passing gets exposed.

Mustafi's technique is of the required level. Holding looks to have good technique, but he's too young to be better than Gabriel right now. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't better than Gabriel by the end of the season.

Also, Merts' technique isn't good, but I think it is marginally better than Gabriel's. Also Chambers is looking good for Middlesborough and he regularly brings the ball out from defense to start attacks.

Gabriel isn't bad, but out of our existing CBs he looks the least equipped to thrive in our team.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's a decent player with a much needed mean streak, he doesn't partner well with Koscielny though which is a problem.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The Gabriel hate on this forum needs to stop. He is a solid player and has filled in well this season when called upon. He doesn't scream and point like Flamini so he is a scrub? Holding a superior player? Give me a break.

Holding may become superior in the future but for now Gabs is a better option. He is more physical and solid defensively and has more experience. He is a serviceable back up CB.

Token Yank

He's a decent player with a much needed mean streak, he doesn't partner well with Koscielny though which is a problem.
I was thinking that Mustafi and Gab would be a pretty good partnership. Mustafi with his ball playing ability and Gab with his no non sense defensive ability. In any case, we should be thankful to have a 3rd choice CB with the quality of Gabriel.

OSBK

Established Member
Was very good today, bellerin spent most of the game in west broms box. The only time rondon tried to roast him, gab was much quicker.

Looking solid

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah...Noticed that he was much more assured on the ball yesterday. His passing was very good. This run of game is doing him a lot of good.
he was always good, methinks. just took an enormous amount of time to develop his confidence.

he was previously just running into cul de sacs

nick gould

He looked absolute quality after coming on. He was hitting some good quality perfectly timed forward passes. I feel it was unfair to him to be dropped in the first place. Wenger should have waited for mustafi to gain match fitness first before starting him in a premier league match.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Could see him moving into midfield if Coquelin is out for a while. Handled full back just fine.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Played well for Villarreal in a well-drilled defensive team, moves to Arsenal and looks like he was plucked straight from a gunfight in the favela's.

Hardly surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom