• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista: No Entiendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBF

Needs shipping anyway. Hasn't shown any improvement, and still can't even communicate with his team mates.

Can we stop cutting corners with these projects for once.

Gautier

He's been good as a RB, concerning as a CB he isn't good enough for 3rd def that's one injury away from first team. Mentally weak also which is exasperating for us Arsenal fans. I don't wish too see him as a long term Arsenal player. Also he has an akward attitude mostly off the pitch and in football, communication and relationships are very important.
I imagine Chambers or Holding starting to step up and be good competition for a bigger place... athletic full backs perfect

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Need to work with his offensive game add some pace in his game too this guy is our new backup RB next season.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Need to work with his offensive game add some pace in his game too this guy is our new backup RB next season.
he can be scary good, but it would be overkill to ask him to contribute offensively too. Both Ox/Walcott don't like tracking back, so he has to be more conservative, which is just as well.

Banks

When Kosheiny first came to Arsenal after the league cup finals everybody wanted him gone and even myself said he was a victim of wenger penny pinching tactic not spending money on a top defender but today he is the first name on the team sheet and one of the best CB in the league. Gabriel will come good in the long run mark my words and he is a good CB with early shaky moments.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gabriel did alright at RB yesterday. But he's not Danny Rose or Kyle Walker. They were outstanding in their match. This is Bellerin's second absence. Debuchy permanently injured.

The Sp**s guys are always fit and brimming with confidence. WTF is wrong with our guys.

arsmile

Established Member
i think he's good enough RB cover to negate us needing another one, especially considering our cover at cb- just get carl and debuchy gone and we're fine

karl

Gabriel lost his confidence after the tussle with Costa. After showing good signs approaching that game, he now lacks assertiveness and aggression. I'm not sure if they told him to calm down, but something is lacking now.

Sykes

Gabriel lost his confidence after the tussle with Costa. After showing good signs approaching that game, he now lacks assertiveness and aggression. I'm not sure if they told him to calm down, but something is lacking now.
Same thought crossed my mind...it's like he's always nervous on the ball...which is weird because he's much better than he is showing presently. Wenger has faith in him and I think he'll come good.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I thought he looked good when he first came, then became a bit shaky. He also seemed a bit impulsive, while we all liked his tussle with Costa, it probably cost us the match. I think he looks more mature in attitude these days, and while he' s not a modern RB in that he gets forward quickly etc, he is solid in defence. That said, I wonder how good that would be against The Chelsea's of this world in terms of scoring goals?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He's a very good player but he needs to get used to playing RB. He played a couple of square balls in front of our box that would've cost us against better opposition.

He's still been a pleasant surprise for me though, I'd almost given up hope in him tbh. Think he provides us with an extra sturdiness at RB though he obviously lacks the attacking nous of Bellerin.

Backup RB might be the way to go for him. Even in games where Hector is available, it could be wise chucking him RB for a bit of extra defensive help. He made some nice headed clearances against Swansea and I can't remember him once being done for pace.

Think he's growing in confidence too.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
When Kosheiny first came to Arsenal after the league cup finals everybody wanted him gone and even myself said he was a victim of wenger penny pinching tactic not spending money on a top defender but today he is the first name on the team sheet and one of the best CB in the league. Gabriel will come good in the long run mark my words and he is a good CB with early shaky moments.
People should stop making these false equivalencies. Just because Koscielny was also cheap and got a lot of critique doesn't mean that every cheap player who gets critique will come good.

I remember Koscielny got a red in his first game, but showed a lot of promise and drastically improved over time. I haven't seen that from Gabriel. He's decent, that's it.

novarek

Better than Jenkinson, which is the least we can ask

But Swansea got a couple of chances from that side and he's never going to add the support Bellerin spoiled us to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom