• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Football 2017/18

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I actually seriously believe Dortmund could win the league this year.

Reus-Gotze-Dembele behind Aubameyang. Kagawa and possibly Schurrle as options too. Castro and Weigel as the two deeper midfielders, Sahin and Bender options there. Bartra and Sokratis might form a decent partnership and Piszcek is still a very good right back and Guerrero will be a great left-back for them. I don't think this summer has damaged them as much as you might think. I also think Tuchel is a very good coach.

While Bayern on the other-hand might have a bit of a come down now that Pep isn't there as much as I like Carlo. There probably won't be the same intensity there and they could turn their focus to the CL more than the League knowing Carlo and thus slip up a few times in the league which will give Dortmund opportunities to capitalise.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I think it'll be close but Bayern will edge it. I do agree that BVB will put a great fight however, Bayern just has way too much quality.

Oh_Snap

Bayerns defense can be called the best in europe - by far in my opinion.
Alaba-Hummels-Boateng-Lahm is just unreal. What comes to mind is that they don't have a real playmaker bar an aging Alonso and Thiago, who hasn't been very convincing. Götze is going back to Dortmund it seems so their Build-up-play will come from Hummels and Boateng which is very predictable but still hard to play against i guess.

I wonder how Ancelotti will fit Kimmich in there and if Müller can recover his good last season form.

Like Tir-Na-Nog i see Dortmund's midfield and front three up to the task, they can play for the title and it shouldn't be that easy for bayern as last year.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'm not sure if BvB will win the title but its very much possible. They'll run pretty close but in a season or two is when we'll see something special.

Keep in mind, btw, Carlo's tilted eyebrow and the difference between both, imbalances him in his quest of being great in the league despite his formidable European record.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
http://bundesligafanatic.com/schalke-five-players-who-need-to-step-up-for-201617-season/

Interesting preview of Schalke, if anyone's interested. They have probably some of the best talents coming through in Germany and are one of the richest clubs in the world but they just never clicked. Now, they have the Mainz SD who has done a remarkable job there and appointed a bright coach from Augsburg.

Its a bit weir that they didn't mention the midfield duo of Goretzka and Geis. Goretzka if coached properly has serious potential imo and Geis is a good midfielder. With Meyer that is a potentially very talented midfield three. IMO, what the lack is quality at RB and on the wings. Add some good players to that, its a good first phase of the building.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Fans whistle and boo to every Hummels touch.
He lost the ball and they cheered.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Obamayang with another great chance and sends it wide.
Hummels' fault. Lost the ball. He's nervous playing in front of this crowed.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom