• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Natural selection, I feel bad for him but he's not captain material here.
What is fecking scary is that the squad don't share your thoughts.. Clearly if they voted for him they think he is captain material. That is hugely worrying and speaks volumes to the motional maturity (or lack thereof) within the squad.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
What is fecking scary is that the squad don't share your thoughts.. Clearly if they voted for him they think he is captain material. That is hugely worrying and speaks volumes to the motional maturity (or lack thereof) within the squad.

Ah yes, the members AM know of all these issues much better than the professional players who play for our club.

The players should have asked Red London, Mark Tobias, albakos or other members of AM, if it's ok that they don't share the same opinions as here.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ah yes, the members AM know of all these issues much better than the professional players who play for our club.

The players should have asked Red London, Mark Tobias, albakos or other members of AM, if it's ok that they don't share the same opinions as here.
That was hardly my point. When the question as posed I stated several times I had no idea who was the best fit for the role. Nowhere did I claim to know more but I'm concerned that the captain chosen hasn't shown one iota of captaining/leadership ability at the club this season. In fact he has shown a lot less.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka is right to feel the way he does.

He’s being a massive, massive drama queen. Entitled to feel that way, but right?

God help him if he ever had to deal with daily threats of physical violence while trying to save lives for £20k a year.

In football everyone gets amnesia the minute you have a few good games.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He’s being a massive, massive drama queen. Entitled to feel that way, but right?

God help him if he ever had to deal with daily threats of physical violence while trying to save lives for £20k a year.

In football everyone gets amnesia the minute you have a few good games.

He’s our best midfielder and got booed off while fans clamour for a nothing player like Torreira just because Xhaka isn’t popular.

And whoever is dealing with daily threats of violence while earning 20k is irrelevant.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Interesting that Vieira, the type of player/midfielder that we're missing for the past decade and a half, is coming out in support of Xhaka and rates him as a player.

Even Pep seem to think that Xhaka is a good and an incredible player.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I like Guendouzi's attitude and he has a lot of talent but at the moment he's a headless chicken. There's so many flaws in his games, he shouldn't even be starter for a club like Arsenal. It really does go to show tho, with PL fans all you need to do is run around a bit and show some passion and you'll be rated highly. Reminds me of the debates I used to have with a Sp**s fan on Scott Parker and Mikel Arteta.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He is our best midfielder and we're not. Tho this is only because last summer we let our actual best midfielder leave on a free and didn't replace him.
Totally agree with that, Ramsey is one of the most underrated players we've ever had
& no, still don't believe Xhaka is our best midfielder

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I like Guendouzi's attitude and he has a lot of talent but at the moment he's a headless chicken. There's so many flaws in his games, he shouldn't even be starter for a club like Arsenal. It really does go to show tho, with PL fans all you need to do is run around a bit and show some passion and you'll be rated highly. Reminds me of the debates I used to have with a Sp**s fan on Scott Parker and Mikel Arteta.
Nobody's saying Guendouzi isn't flawed. But on his day he can win you games while being 20 years old.
Xhaka literally has nothing elite in him while being in his prime. Please don't bring up his passing, Guendouzi & David Luiz are clearly better at that

Aevi

Hale End FC
The fan reaction on his substitution was ridiculous. Even if it were ever to be deserved, that was extremely poor timing. Emery to blame here for me, captaining him was stupid and playing him all the time despite poor performances was just asking for fans to turn on him.

I feel for him, hope he finds success elsewhere when he inevitably moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom