• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

If Guendouzi is our best midfielder we're in deep deep trouble. :lol:

I was going through Emery's website, and what I found strange is that on almost all of the pics there, focus was on Guendouzi, directly or indirectly. Never understood him why he rated him so much when I think he needs more time for proper development.

Now with Xhaka leaving, not fully sure yet, I think the arsenal midfield is really poor, as we have seen lately.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I like Guendouzi's attitude and he has a lot of talent but at the moment he's a headless chicken. There's so many flaws in his games, he shouldn't even be starter for a club like Arsenal. It really does go to show tho, with PL fans all you need to do is run around a bit and show some passion and you'll be rated highly. Reminds me of the debates I used to have with a Sp**s fan on Scott Parker and Mikel Arteta.

The season Parker ridiculously won footballer of the year DESPITE his team getting relegated sums this up, sometimes people are just plain stupid!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s our best midfielder and got booed off while fans clamour for a nothing player like Torreira just because Xhaka isn’t popular.

And whoever is dealing with daily threats of violence while earning 20k is irrelevant.

Stop making up bullshit.

Reactions: Jae

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
@Big Poppa squabbling with @BigPoppaPump seems like an awkward father-son shouting match at the dinner table during Thanksgiving where everyone else is anxiously trying to work out a quick exit

Reactions: A_G

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
A measured piece on flaws and advantages of having Xhaka in the team

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Some of you guys don’t even watch the matches just pick favourites. Guendouzi is a liability just as bad if not worse than Xhaka.

Everything I said was facts though, because you don’t like the truth.
Literally watched every minute of our season even with the professional exams going on so I don't what you're talking about. The only people that defend Xhaka are like five people on this forum, he's a laughing stock to the rest of the world.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Literally watched every minute of our season even with the professional exams going on so I don't what you're talking about. The only people that defend Xhaka are like five people on this forum, he's a laughing stock to the rest of the world.

Well maybe next time watch the games when you ain’t got exams so you can pay proper attention.

mpower2540

He is our best midfielder and we're not. Tho this is only because last summer we let our actual best midfielder leave on a free and didn't replace him.
This. Have to say I never massively rated Ramsey under Arsène, I always felt he was a bit too chaotic.

When Emery found a clear defined role for him he was absolutely carrying our midfield and dare I say we looked like a functioning team. Then he got injured in Naples and we fell apart. Emery had the perfect midfielder for the way he likes to play and was still ok with him leaving for nothing and then being replaced by a guy who’s a many touches on the ball technical player who can’t run. Weird

Erlis

I don't think that a guy who is considered to be one of the greatest managers of all time would just make a standard statement publicly for a player. Moreover, you should know, I believe, that Pep knows Xhaka very well even from the Bundesliga where he has won over his side a few times. Let me bring you some stats.

Bayern vs Gladbach 0-2 , on 22/3/2015

Gladbach vs Bayern 3 - 1, on 5/12/2015

Bayern vs Gladbach 1 -1 , on 30/4/2016

at the time when Xhaka was captaining the team, just before he decided to move to Arsenal.

blrgooner

Established Member
Even Pep seem to think that Xhaka is a good and an incredible player.

I can imagine why Pep would think that Xhaka is an incredible player. Xhaka is the one player in our team who has an idea about the position of teammates before he gets the ball. So while he may at times tend to keep the ball for long times, he is the only player capable of quickly releasing the ball forward in our team. Xhaka would work well in a pep system.

He is defensively poor though and gets dribbled past easily. Having said that, our Xhaka replacement are even worse at this(Guendoozi especially)
I don`t think Guendoozi and Torreira are poor players. Matteo especially is a future star in the making IMO. I just don`t think he will make a classic DM. He needs to be encouraged to play more B2B IMO.
I frankly think the onus is on the coach to get the best out of the players. Emery seems to excel at making everyone look poor.

Erlis

The problem I see with the Arsenal midfield this season is Emery's insistence to accommodate Guendouzi. I could be wrong but this could easily be one of the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom