• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I just translated the whole Tagblatt page.

As I said, most players have a price and few would turn down Barca or Madrid. But as I also said, you wont make fans of your current club very happy when you needlessly state that you would listen to better offers. The full article changes nothing.

And he didn't say that, neither was the article about that and most of all a random newspaper in Switzerland probably isn't the biggest place to drop that. You are free to believe what you want though. I have followed Xhaka throughout his career, I have met Xhaka and I have my own beliefs on his personality and what he meant as well.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
And he didn't say that, neither was the article about that and most of all a random newspaper in Switzerland probably isn't the biggest place to drop that. You are free to believe what you want though. I have followed Xhaka, I have met Xhaka and I have my own beliefs on that as well.
Oh come on ffs. I'm an Arsenal fan first and last. You're a Swiss fan of Xhaka. This ends here. :lol:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Oh come on ffs. I'm an Arsenal fan first and last. You're a Swiss fan of Xhaka. This ends here. :lol:

Locally I'm a Basel fan, internationally I'm an Arsenal fan since 2008. And honestly till this year I would have sold him on the sole ground that the german and italian league was a much better fit.
(Still think that in part actually)

You can think what you want though. Also insult me if that makes you feel better.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
as our swiss member said, if you followed Granit's career from the beginning you would know he ain't talking about leaving.
our captain is the biggest professional in the club, said by few insiders, signed a new contract before the season, is playing well and is on the verge of becoming a captain even at Arsenal (something he always does at his clubs/nt), and thebguy genuinely likes our new coach.
I think if bayern or all those italians come knocking this summer for him, he would reject them in a heartbeat.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
a guy from Twitter said:
In the original article, he followed up by saying he’s thinking about his career after football by investing in property in Basel. He’s referring to his career after football, this quote has been taken horribly out of context.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He is just saying what all the other top players are saying, arsenal need to challenge and win trophies or he is off. I see nothing wrong with that at all, he couldve kept quiet and done a Özil. Wish more players would come out and it may push the board into spending some cash.

Other top players? Doesn't this imply that Xhaka is a top player?

I don't think he will leave this summer but if he does I will laugh because we never learn do we?

We persist with a player who stinks out the place costs us points then the second their form takes a slight upward turn (and I do mean slight in Xhaka's case), they leave.

There is no loyalty in football, once you're past the age of 23 you are either good enough or you sit on the bench/are sold. I'm tired of us persisting with under performing players week in week out only for them to leave.

At least he signed a new contract last summer and his reputation is somewhat intact so we should be able to fetch a good price for him. He's more Coutinho, Bakoyoko and Lemar than a Kroos, Modric or Suarez. In the sense that his reputation among fans far outstrips his actual performances on the pitch, so he wouldn't cut the mustard at a bigger club.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine him at Real giving the ball away as carelessly as he does here at times. There's a good chance he'd end up assaulted by their fans. Well, that's if Ramos doesn't slap him about first.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Imagine him at Real giving the ball away as carelessly as he does here at times. There's a good chance he'd end up assaulted by their fans. Well, that's if Ramos doesn't slap him about first.

I can slightly forgive a forward giving away the ball from time to time, but a central midfielder? Passing should be Xhaka's bread and butter.

His careless giveaways make me miss Arteta

say yes

forum master baiter
I can see where @Tir Na Nog is coming from. Happy to send our u23’s to the Bundeadliga but I don’t see why many players in their prime would want to move there. Where’s the challenge in playing for Bayern ffs?

Similar situation to Juventus in Deadie A. Dodgy clubs who pay well with their embezzled funds but who, in truth, are just living off their history at this point. Don’t see either having much of a future at the top table of elite European football.

No wonder they’re both so desperate for a European Super League.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can see where @Tir Na Nog is coming from. Happy to send our u23’s to the Bundeadliga but I don’t see why many players in their prime would want to move there. Where’s the challenge in playing for Bayern ffs?

Similar situation to Juventus in Deadie A. Dodgy clubs who pay well with their embezzled funds but who, in truth, are just living off their history at this point. Don’t see either having much of a future at the top table of elite European football.

No wonder they’re both so desperate for a European Super League.

Where's the challenge? :lol:

Bayern are the 4th most valuable football club on the planet - only Man U, Real Madrid and Barcelona are higher. They've won the Champions League 5 times. Only Real Madrid and AC Milan have more.

Yet here you are asking where's the challenge? Xhaka should be over the moon that they even know who he is. You realise that for teams like Bayern and Juve, failing to win the CL is considered a failure? While we'd be over the moon with a top 4 finish? Yet they're beneath us? :lol:

And embezelled funds? You know what Man City are being investigated for right? You know what Chelsea are currently serving a ban for right?

If you read some of this stuff on a rival fans' forum you'd be rolling on the floor laughing at them.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Where's the challenge? :lol:

Bayern are the 4th most valuable football club on the planet - only Man U, Real Madrid and Barcelona are higher. They've won the Champions League 5 times. Only Real Madrid and AC Milan have more.

Yet here you are asking where's the challenge? Xhaka should be over the moon that they even know who he is. You realise that for teams like Bayern and Juve, failing to win the CL is considered a failure? While we'd be over the moon with a top 4 finish? Yet they're beneath us? :lol:

And embezelled funds? You know what Man City are being investigated for right? You know what Chelsea are currently serving a ban for right?

If you read some of this stuff on a rival fans' forum you'd be rolling on the floor laughing at them.

Not winning the champions league is a failure for Bayern / Juve because it’s the only serious competition they play in each season. Both play in rubbish leagues which they (rightfully) don’t take winning too seriously.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not winning the champions league is a failure for Bayern / Juve because it’s the only serious competition they play in each season. Both play in rubbish leagues which they (rightfully) don’t take winning too seriously.

What?

So why is not winning the champions league a failure for Celtic and Porto too?

You’re sounding off dude.

OSBK

Established Member
Other top players? Doesn't this imply that Xhaka is a top player?

I don't think he will leave this summer but if he does I will laugh because we never learn do we?

We persist with a player who stinks out the place costs us points then the second their form takes a slight upward turn (and I do mean slight in Xhaka's case), they leave.

There is no loyalty in football, once you're past the age of 23 you are either good enough or you sit on the bench/are sold. I'm tired of us persisting with under performing players week in week out only for them to leave.

At least he signed a new contract last summer and his reputation is somewhat intact so we should be able to fetch a good price for him. He's more Coutinho, Bakoyoko and Lemar than a Kroos, Modric or Suarez. In the sense that his reputation among fans far outstrips his actual performances on the pitch, so he wouldn't cut the mustard at a bigger club.

Does it matter what it imply's? How xhaka is viewed is down to each individual. I view xhaka as a top player in our team, not the league or the world. The reasoning behind this is that i struggle to put doozi and Torreira above him currently.

I agree we never learn, and lets be honest that the garbage in the last 10 years that huge money has been wasted on is shocking. 35mill for mustafi, i mean seriously no club in the world pays that ever aside from us.

As for xhaka, his stock is at his highest since he joined the club and whilst i agree he is not on the same level as kroos etc i do believe a bayern would pay a good amount for him to replace martinez. I do believe there is every chance he will go, with this board i have no idea who stays or signs a new contract or what on earth they have planned for us. Is it impossible for a £50mill bid for xhaka, there is every chance as stupid people are spending stupid money on stupid players in this age.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
What?

So why is not winning the champions league a failure for Celtic and Porto too?

because Porto and Celtic play in **** leagues. Italian and German league always were part of the top5 in europe.
sadly their country rivals are not strong enough to make domestic silverware that special, so CL is the main trophy they want and consider a failure not getting it

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Does it matter what it imply's? How xhaka is viewed is down to each individual. I view xhaka as a top player in our team, not the league or the world. The reasoning behind this is that i struggle to put doozi and Torreira above him currently.

I agree we never learn, and lets be honest that the garbage in the last 10 years that huge money has been wasted on is shocking. 35mill for mustafi, i mean seriously no club in the world pays that ever aside from us.

As for xhaka, his stock is at his highest since he joined the club and whilst i agree he is not on the same level as kroos etc i do believe a bayern would pay a good amount for him to replace martinez. I do believe there is every chance he will go, with this board i have no idea who stays or signs a new contract or what on earth they have planned for us. Is it impossible for a £50mill bid for xhaka, there is every chance as stupid people are spending stupid money on stupid players in this age.

It's all about opinions so if you think Xhaka is tops, alright. I, of course, disagree for reasons I've probably outlined in this very thread.

Agreed on Mustafi. Is Xhaka's stock high because he's performing world class week in week out or is his stock high because he isn't as bad as he used to be?

If someone offered £40 mill for Xhaka I would bite their hand off, let alone 50. My personal test for how good a player is or how important he is to the team is as follows:

If I was running Arsenal and Real phoned me up saying they want to buy him for £30 mil, what would I tell them?

"He's not for sale at any price/ Okay I accept that offer/ He will cost at least £45 mil"

Anyone who doesn't fall under the first response is expendable in my eyes. Right now, I can honestly say there are only 3 players (excluding the kids) who I wouldn't sell if push comes to shove and Xhaka isn't one of them. He gives the ball away carelessly at least once a game, loses concentration too easily and we're still too porous in midfield for my liking. He's the weak link in the Xhaka-Torreira pivot and I feel we would go up a level if we replaced Xhaka. Whereas I feel we could put a prime Makelele/Kante next to Xhaka and our midfield wouldn't substantially improve precisely because Xhaka would still be in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom