• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
When Bellerin made his statement after signing, the main part of that statement was about Wenger, not Arsenal.

It's Arsène FC for the elite plater. Don't blame the manager or player, look at the reasons behind it, Arsenal have no history and are a work in progress.

The problem goes deeper than Wenger, obviously. The board decides the manager after all.

There's a difference between feeling something and saying it to the media. You'd have to live under a rock to not realize that a significant part of the Arsenal fanbase is tired of Wenger and what he stands for, and wants him gone. The club is nothing without the fans, so going out and outright saying Wenger is 75% of the reason why you're at Arsenal is just asinine.

Just the fact that there's literally an open two year contract on the table waiting for him when he has accomplished almost nothing in recent years says a lot to me about how deep this "acceptance of mediocrity" **** goes.

In many ways, Arsenal is probably one of the most ruthlessly run "businesses" in football. As long as the money flows in, nothing changes, fans be damned.

STYLEZ

People seriously think the name Arsenal is enough to attract/keep elite players, what planet have people been living on? Look at Liverpool.

Alexis, Özil, Koscielny, Ramsey, Bellerin, etc are all only here because of Wenger and they're likely to question their futures should he leave. They're loyal to Wenger first and foremost. What does the name "Arsenal" mean to Alexis a guy from Chile? Absolutely **** all, he's here because we paid Barca what they wanted and he was convinced by Wenger to come here. He wasn't itching to come here because he thought Arsenal were this massive club.

Then by this logic Alexis and Özil will sign regardless if we look like competing for the major trophies or not cause loyalty is to Wenger. In one way your right but in so many your wrong.

If Wenger went to manage Grumpus eight again would all them players follow if the Chinese club matched their wage.... Doubt that very much..

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
When Bellerin made his statement after signing, the main part of that statement was about Wenger, not Arsenal.

It's Arsène FC for the elite plater. Don't blame the manager or player, look at the reasons behind it, Arsenal have no history and are a work in progress.
Arsenal have no history? The only English team never to drop out of the top tier of football? What rubbish you do talk.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Then by this logic Alexis and Özil will sign regardless if we look like competing for the major trophies or not cause loyalty is to Wenger. In one way your right but in so many your wrong.

If Wenger went to manage Grumpus eight again would all them players follow if the Chinese club matched their wage.... Doubt that very much..

Grumpus Eight are a Japanese club. :lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Arsenal have no history? The only English team never to drop out of the top tier of football? What rubbish you do talk.

That's not the kind of history any top footballer cares about. GDeep is right tbh, Barca, Real, Bayern, Man Utd and even Chelsea have much more recent history that attracts top talent.

Let's be honest here, the new crop of prospect were born in 1998+. That mean's they were 10 years old when you were fielding Bendtner up top on a regular basis, and fighting to stay in the top 4. They didn't even get to watch Henry before he played for Barca.

It's the dangers of not being ambitious. You've avoided the pitfalls of spending big on a flop and/or bringing in a manager that didn't perform, but at the same time you've done absolutely nothing on the continental stage.

The new generation of youngsters have literally never seen you do anything else but get knocked out in the first round of the CL and finish 3rd/4th in the league. Not saying this to rile people up, it's just the truth. What exactly pulls players to Arsenal right now outside of a legendary manager?

It's perfectly understandable that Bellerin/others would feel this way. Still **** to say it in the media though.

Tir Na Nog

Yeah I'm sure Alexis/Özil/Bellerin knew that fact before they joined. :lol:

They were probably also really well informed of the Herbert Chapman era and of course our 71 double winning side, for **** sake, 95% of current foreign footballers only associate Arsenal with Wenger.

STYLEZ

Arsenal were first team to ever play under flood lights.

Arsenal were the first team (along with Chelsea) to wear numbered shirts

Arsenal were the first ever team to play in 3D

Arsenal were the first team to go unbeaten in the Premier league.

Arsenal first English to beat Ac Milan away

Arsenal were first English team to beat Real Madrid away.

All in all Poverty post by @GDeep™

STYLEZ

Arsenal first team to play in 3D hahahaha.

Liverpool have 5 European Cups.

Thast the only thing Arsenal haven't won a European championship.

So we have no history on these merits

Never mind 13 Championships and 11 Fa Cups

o_O

Tir Na Nog

First team to play under flood lights :lol:

Sell that to Griezmann next summer.

"Look Mr.Mourinho 500,000 a week is a lot of money, but did you know Arsenal were the first team to play in 3D, under flood lights and one of the first teams to have numbers on the back of their shirts" :lol:

STYLEZ

First team to play under flood lights :lol:

Sell that to Griezmann next summer.

Who plays for a club that has won less then Arsenal domestically if Arsenal have no History what would you call Atletico.

They've never won the Champions League either you know.

:lol:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I can accept that Arsenal's history means nothing to anyone under 30, but that doesn't mean the club doesn't have a history to be proud of

CHOPS

It doesn't really matter how long the contract is for does it? I can recall a certain Cesc Fabregas having a contract for 8 years it really is worthless.
If Bellerin wants to go then I'm pretty sure they'll sell him when they're ready to regardless look at what Payet did?
Apar from that I like Bellerin his speed often gets him out of trouble he's good at going forward but his final ball is usually crap,and he's not the best at defending either but you can't fault his effort or enthusiasm for the game.

Impact

Established Member
After signing a six-year deal, this is a non-starter.

Pretty sure that if Wenger left and we replaced him with a top quality replacement a number of these players would be happy to stay on.

STYLEZ

I can accept that Arsenal's history means nothing to anyone under 30, but that doesn't mean the club doesn't have a history to be proud of

Exactly.

Between @GDeep™ and @Tir Na Nog

One thinks you have no history unless you win the Champions League and other thinks half the Arsenal first team would be playing for Leyton Orient next season if Arsène takes a managers job there in the summer.

:lol:

Must a heavy sesh night on the old lady Jane for these two boys. Turning they're brains to mush

CHOPS

After signing a six-year deal, this is a non-starter.

Pretty sure that if Wenger left and we replaced him with a top quality replacement a number of these players would be happy to stay on.
I'm sure there would be quite a few that would stay just saying that the value of a contract by both player and club is just a mere formality or so it seems.

Xhaka Zulu

It doesn't really matter how long the contract is for does it? I can recall a certain Cesc Fabregas having a contract for 8 years it really is worthless.
If Bellerin wants to go then I'm pretty sure they'll sell him when they're ready to regardless look at what Payet did?
Apar from that I like Bellerin his speed often gets him out of trouble he's good at going forward but his final ball is usually crap,and he's not the best at defending either but you can't fault his effort or enthusiasm for the game.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think Bellerin would force through a move in that way. I could see him letting his contract run down though.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'm afraid I don't understand. You hope they get Bellerin and you don't rate Bellerin?

I don't rate Bellerin anywhere near as high as many do on this forum or in media. Yes Bellerin is lightning quick and a good dribbler but his defensive awareness, discipline, positioning, crossing, decison making in the final third and footballing IQ is very poor.

Yes Bellerin is still young and has the potential but he's already by far our highest earning defender and therefore should be able to produce the performances that merit this wage. Bellerin was our poorest defender last season and this season it's between Bellerin and Monreal for the poorest player in the first team (unless you count Ramsey as a first teamer).

Due to the ridiculous media perception/ image Bellerin has been given, the fee from Barcelona is most likely going to be much higher than a player of his talent deserves. We can sell Bellerin and get a better full back with maybea third of his fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom