• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Firmino is in a team/system where he don’t need to be the goal scorer, Lacazette isn’t.

Since when was offering goals a bad thing? I’d much rather my striker offer only goals rather than build up play, shouldn’t be his job.

Problem with Lacazette/Auba is that they don’t really make that good of a duo. People are just fooled with how they act like bumchums but lets be honest 2 strikers is outdated and ain’t gonna get anywhere with both of them and no wingers.

Spot on. Both are pathetic on the ball, Laca has a nice flick here and there but the second he comes deeper to the midfield he looks like a donkey.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Auba was actually successful at LM coming into striker while Lacazette peeled off to act as a second striker. This was when we played 4231 and win on a great winning streak.
What killed that formation was the fact that Bellerin got injured and we no longer had width the provide those crosses from the right that Auba has loved his whole career. Also, that formation places importance on the CAM, they need to get involved in the play a lot... we dont have someone like that.
If we signed a competent CAM and a wide man as well as Bellerin returning I'd love to see us go back to that formation.

2 strikers can work with a 3 at the back too but we need a creative player who just gets more involved

Seems like too much to make it all work. I’d prefer 2 wide players and a striker with 4 at the back and 3 in midfield. It’s how all the best teams play and the most effective. 3 at the back is a struggle formation.

But i liked your post because a lot of the guys on this forum get emotional when i disagree with them. Finally someone who can debate like a man.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I wrote this in an earlier post, but Dortmund are known to bring players back, so hopefully this may have legs.

They brought Sahin, Goetze (and another one, that I can't remember)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What's the go with him being able to play or not in Baku? I know there are political tensions but this is football ffs. If Mhki isn't allowed entry then it completely compromises the final.
He's allowed according to UEFA, but they "can't guarantee his safety". This directly from an Arsenal spokesperson. It's pretty f*cked up. No matter what I think about how he's played and his performances, I feel for the guy that he could miss out on a final that he'd likely have a big chance to play in because of something like this. It's asinine IMO.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He's allowed according to UEFA, but they "can't guarantee his safety". This directly from an Arsenal spokesperson. It's pretty f*cked up. No matter what I think about how he's played and his performances, I feel for the guy that he could miss out on a final that he'd likely have a big chance to play in because of something like this. It's asinine IMO.

Ugh, that's terrible :(

"can't guarantee his safety" - what does that even mean? I can understand Mhki having reservations RE: safety, for sure. I have a young daughter now and I would think twice about going to a place where my mere nationality would make it unsafe for me. However, you'd think a club with the resources such as ours would be able to make something work - e.g. personal security guards

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ugh, that's terrible :(

"can't guarantee his safety" - what does that even mean? I can understand Mhki having reservations RE: safety, for sure. I have a young daughter now and I would think twice about going to a place where my mere nationality would make it unsafe for me. However, you'd think a club with the resources such as ours would be able to make something work - e.g. personal security guards

In my view its not even about if Arsenal can afford it. UEFA should be sure they can guarantee the safety when they choose a venue. Especially when they are so vocal about being against racism.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Baku need to back down with all respect, we need all of our players out there who can help us in the final we should not accept this. Can we please ask Baku to ask Chelsea if they can leave Hazard at home? ridiclous if this will happen.

Ashybashy86

I feel bad for him, but he should be left at home. His confidence is already not great, so taking him to a country where he will literally be fearful of being attacked is not going to benefit anyone.

progman07

Established Member
I feel bad for him, but he should be left at home. His confidence is already not great, so taking him to a country where he will literally be fearful of being attacked is not going to benefit anyone.
I'd rather we completely rebelled against the EL Final, and tried to force them to forget this bollocks about playing in Baku, than playing to their wishes.

This maffia organisation has to be stopped. It isn't about whether it is Mkhitarian or a key player like Aubameyang, it is about that we have a player who is not welcomed at a place we are supposed to play, due to political reasons.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seems like too much to make it all work. I’d prefer 2 wide players and a striker with 4 at the back and 3 in midfield. It’s how all the best teams play and the most effective. 3 at the back is a struggle formation.

But i liked your post because a lot of the guys on this forum get emotional when i disagree with them. Finally someone who can debate like a man.

I agree. It’s not at all that complicated. We’ve tried to compensate for our lack of proper wingers by using an extra CB and deploying wingbacks, but a) one of those (Bellerin) got a bad injury and has no natural backup and b) instead of adding a 3rd midfielder to cover the space left by advanced wing backs we use a number 10 who cannot press, shoot or make runs beyond the strikers.

There isn’t a single top 4 side that lacks wingers like we do. Auba is a centre forward.

Gunner-Union

Agree I think the way forward is 4-3-3 with two pacy wingers. Midfield needs a dm like torreira and then 2 good all round mids next to him. Even David Silva gets back and helps out in defence and pools whole midfield is all about just hard work and energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom