• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Interest in Non-Arsenal Football

BobP

Memri Fan
Honestly, it's the opposite for me.

I've become indifferent in relation to the plight of Arsenal and am actually enjoying watching football as a neutral.

The biggest issues though are accessibility and time. For example, just last weekend, after watching the Chelsea game, I watched the Everton/Bournemouth game and then the Tottenham/Middlesborough game but I ended up falling asleep at 7AM.

Simply unsustainable.

OG J0E

Would watch a lot less football if it wasn't for betting, that is for sure. Used to get excited whenever we got a win against anyone, not anymore. Think not competing in title races for so long is the main reason.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I watch every Arsenal match, but I don't seem to always have the same enthusiasm. I started watching football by watching England, but after the bore fest that was Euro 16, with worse to come in the WC in the future, I don't bother about internationals so much now.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
I think it's the premier league that sucks the soul out of football for me to be honest! The obscene amounts of money in transfer fees and wages and how teams like Manchester City and Chelsea operate just leaves a bitter taste, I see no great achievement or joy in teams like this winning.
I'm more into the Bundesliga and enjoy it over premier league. And yeah, even with Bayern being one of the Europs elite, and therefore running away with the league, I find the competition in Bundesliga far more interesting and more honest I guess (not sure if that's the right word to describe it).

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'd say it'll take less than ten years until we'll be seeing the very same competition and influx of money in Bundesliga, as we're seeing now with the PL. Once that market is satisfied, it'll spread quickly.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Champions League nights like tonight get the juices flowing a little, but I'm off to bed at 7PM, with my early starts.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
I'd say it'll take less than ten years until we'll be seeing the very same competition and influx of money in Bundesliga, as we're seeing now with the PL. Once that market is satisfied, it'll spread quickly.

yeah, it'll be interesting to see if it ever goes that way. Although the way teams are (generally) owned in the Bundesliga, I'm not sure it'll ever be at the level it is in the prem. I kinda hope the bubble bursts regards the prem but that's more wishful thinking than actual expectation it'll ever happen!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'll watch pretty much any premier league game, Celtic match and if one of the big two in Spain are playing I'll stick it on. TV is so crap unless it's a show like Walking Dead, SOA, Thrones, then it's not worth watching. I pay a fortune for Sky and BT and now with a wife and a kid under 3 I spend most of time working, out with the wee lad or at home. If I'm at home football is the background music. The wife knows it and agrees even though she hates football the rest of TV is just as bad and the wee lad gets his shows during the day when I'm at work. He now understands daddy TV time is football.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think our performances did it for me. I can still enjoy any premier league game but European football has been completely ruined for me.

As a kid I always used to watch teams with the pride of knowing that Arsenal could do battle with the best that Europe could provide, you felt that pride knowing that players at certain clubs viewed Arsenal as a step up. Now I just feel inferior, I know I shouldn't but I do.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I watch a couple of other CL games, and some international football

the odd occasion me and my mates have a football night I can watch a top match in the PL or some other league

or a visit to the sportspub

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I've found myself caring more and more about sports that do a much better job of making it interesting, mainly NBA Basketball and MMA.

Like others have said, the money involved in football has ruined a lot of it for me. The NBA has seen an insane increase in revenue in recent years, but there are systems in place to make sure that money is used in ways that ensure a equal playing field.

Even with my club specifically, it's all starting to feel a bit pointless. We're a mid-table club, always have been. But the way the football world handles money, we're now a ridiculously expensive club challenging for nothing of note. It is ridiculously expensive for me to watch every West Ham game, unless I want an inferior viewing experience watching some 300kbps Saudi stream.

All the top players also go to what feels like 5-6 club in the entire world. It's so ****ing boring compared to, again, the NBA where there's salary caps and competitive benefits from scouting and drafting the right players, not to mention the hand-outs for performing poorly so you won't be ****e for long. It very much rewards good coaching and club/team management over raw capital, whereas that's just not the case with football anymore. It's hard for me to get excited about even my own team when I know any potential top-class player is just going to leave. It's never a question of if, always when.

Football is being run into the ground because of greed and the lack of a unified competitive body. No league would dare introduce wage caps unless every league committed to it, and that would never happen because it would overall mean less money in the short term for the most powerful people in football.

Could you imagine if there was a £100k a week wage cap on a single player, £125k if that player had been at the club for 5+ years? The landscape would be completely different, and super exciting. There would be no Chelsea's and Man City's, no PSG's.. Hell, Arsenal would probably be dominant right now.

But no. Football is stagnant, nothing changes. Took them a ridiculous amount of time to give us goal line technology :lol: GOAL. LINE. TECHNOLOGY. Imagine the timeline on massive structural changes.

/rant

Latest posts+

Top Bottom