• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Isco

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Perfect playmaker for the left wing.

Bit of an oxymoron there.
A bit of a novel suggestion but why not get a winger on the wing?

We already have a striker and a number 10 who spend the majority of the game in midfield, the last thing we need is our wide players in there as well, every game will be like that training exercise where you pass the ball around a small square.

I do think we need a wide player though but one who is a goal threat and runs in behind defences.
A Robben, Neymar type, a bit like Walcott but good at football.

Ideally Reus but realistically not Reus.

Kiwi-Gooner

Would he actually flourish at CM though? Admittedly I haven't seen him play much since he was at Malaga (when we signed Cazorla instead of him), but I always presumed that he was an attacking midfielder first and foremost. What is it that makes people think he'd fit the Cazorla role so well?

carlito'sway

Established Member
Bit of an oxymoron there.
A bit of a novel suggestion but why not get a winger on the wing?

We already have a striker and a number 10 who spend the majority of the game in midfield, the last thing we need is our wide players in there as well, every game will be like that training exercise where you pass the ball around a small square.

I do think we need a wide player though but one who is a goal threat and runs in behind defences.
A Robben, Neymar type, a bit like Walcott but good at football.

Ideally Reus but realistically not Reus.

Actually, Arsène tends to play with an out and out winger on one side and a playmaker on the other side. This to have better possession and compensate playing with only two central MF's. We all remember Helb, Nasri, Arshavin, Jack, even Santo or Özil and Ramsey deputizing on one of the flanks. Iwobi is in the same logic as well.
We all saw again last tuesday that playing Ox and Theo is not a good option, we lack possession and creativity with those two starting together. An Isco would offer that balance. Tbf, Reus while a winger is as much as a playmaker in his own rights and would also be a great option.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'd take Isco in a heartbeat for that left side ahead of Draxler and even Payet. I was thinking few hours ago how he'd fit in so perfect and this. DO IT!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It is in the Mirror and a couple of other papers. LSN is a relatively reliable source as well, tbf.

The Mirror citing the Sunday People...Don't see anything on the Marca website either.

Nothing in this, I'd imagine.

Reactions: BBF

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good addition but he does rack up a fair few appearances at Madrid. Nearly 1000 minutes already this season & 2500+ last season across all competitions... Started the last two games as well.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He'd have to play far less than he is right now to consider a move. In past interviews his always spoke about his desire to succeed at Real.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Perfect playmaker for the left wing, would kill Ox and Iwobi, tho.
Kill. Kill them all.

latest

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Actually, Arsène tends to play with an out and out winger on one side and a playmaker on the other side. This to have better possession and compensate playing with only two central MF's. We all remember Helb, Nasri, Arshavin, Jack, even Santo or Özil and Ramsey deputizing on one of the flanks. Iwobi is in the same logic as well.
We all saw again last tuesday that playing Ox and Theo is not a good option, we lack possession and creativity with those two starting together. An Isco would offer that balance. Tbf, Reus while a winger is as much as a playmaker in his own rights and would also be a great option.

Hleb and Nasri are more wide players than Isco, they were both deceptively quick.
Also you have to remember in those days we had forwards who didn't spend all their time in midfield, Henry, Adebayor, Van Persie so wingers dropping into spaces was much less of an issue.
The Man United away game highlighted why , if we carry on with Sanchez and Özil as (essentially) our front two we need more attacking wide players.
The pair of them stood next to one another in midfield playing little passes to one another waiting for someone to move, finally our worst attacking player (Coquelin) makes a run and surpisingly the move comes to nothing.
This game wasn't a one off either, happened at PSG amongst (quite a few) others.

The reason we struggle to keep the ball is more to do with our players not being that good than the balance of the side.
Bayern won everything with two out and out wingers, Barcelona have always had forwards (strikers) playing wide Etoo, Villa, Henry, Neymar they seemed to keep the ball alright.

Having players high up the pitch rather than all on top of one another in central midfield surely makes it easier to keep the ball because the opposition's defence is going to need to space out.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Hleb and Nasri are more wide players than Isco, they were both deceptively quick.
Also you have to remember in those days we had forwards who didn't spend all their time in midfield, Henry, Adebayor, Van Persie so wingers dropping into spaces was much less of an issue.
The Man United away game highlighted why , if we carry on with Sanchez and Özil as (essentially) our front two we need more attacking wide players.
The pair of them stood next to one another in midfield playing little passes to one another waiting for someone to move, finally our worst attacking player (Coquelin) makes a run and surpisingly the move comes to nothing.
This game wasn't a one off either, happened at PSG amongst (quite a few) others.

The reason we struggle to keep the ball is more to do with our players not being that good than the balance of the side.
Bayern won everything with two out and out wingers, Barcelona have always had forwards (strikers) playing wide Etoo, Villa, Henry, Neymar they seemed to keep the ball alright.

Having players high up the pitch rather than all on top of one another in central midfield surely makes it easier to keep the ball because the opposition's defence is going to need to space out.

All fair points, still as I mentioned using a CM on one of the flanks has been a Wenger s trademark for a while now. Even Pires was one back in the day.
Indeed having players high up the pitch may make it easier but for that those players must be able to keep possession as well. Unfortunately we can't say that is the case with the likes of Theo and Ox. These two particularly are definitely not the best in that regard.

Top Bottom