• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

His time at Bournemouth is highlighting more and more that he's best playing higher up the pitch and given freedom, I feel playing deeper restricts him a lot. I know he played deeper today but for example I don't really see a Wilshere-Xhaka pivot benefiting either of them. They'd both be looking to get on the ball during the first phase, Wilshere isn't really like Ramsey in terms of what he does off the ball, Wilshere is someone who always looks for it and likes to drive on. I think Ramsey is a more suitable partner for Xhaka in every aspect. Ramsey makes runs that gives Xhaka an option, Wilshere doesn't and has never made those type of runs he's attracted to the ball it's just the way he is. It's why him and Arteta never worked they just weren't suited to complimenting each others game the way Ramsey and Arteta were able to do. Which means Wilshere will either have to try and displace Özil or settle for the wide right spot (which he's not guaranteed by any means btw).

I do feel maybe Wilshere-Coquelin could work as it'd be quite similar to Cazorla-Coquelin and the balance would be work better than Wilshere-Xhaka would but Xhaka is the future of our midfield and everything will be built around the idea that he's our DLP.

It's a nice headache to have but Wilshere did go on loan to get the game time he felt he wouldn't get at Arsenal, he'll likely be in the same position next season unless either Ramsey or Özil were to leave during the summer (which I can't see).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His time at Bournemouth is highlighting more and more that he's best playing higher up the pitch and given freedom, I feel playing deeper restricts him a lot. I know he played deeper today but for example I don't really see a Wilshere-Xhaka pivot benefiting either of them. They'd both be looking to get on the ball during the first phase, Wilshere isn't really like Ramsey in terms of what he does off the ball, Wilshere is someone who always looks for it and likes to drive on. I think Ramsey is a more suitable partner for Xhaka in every aspect. Ramsey makes runs that gives Xhaka an option, Wilshere doesn't and has never made those type of runs he's attracted to the ball it's just the way he is. It's why him and Arteta never worked they just weren't suited to complimenting each others game the way Ramsey and Arteta were able to do. Which means Wilshere will either have to try and displace Özil or settle for the wide right spot (which he's not guaranteed by any means btw).

I do feel maybe Wilshere-Coquelin could work as it'd be quite similar to Cazorla-Coquelin and the balance would be work better than Wilshere-Xhaka would but Xhaka is the future of our midfield and everything will be built around the idea that he's our DLP.

It's a nice headache to have but Wilshere did go on loan to get the game time he felt he wouldn't get at Arsenal, he'll likely be in the same position next season unless either Ramsey or Özil were to leave during the summer (which I can't see).
Wilshere actually played deep midfield today, but he wasn't great defensively (saying that, his partner was Andrew Surman, who simply is not as good as Harry Arter, who's been excellent this season). Higher up, he's effective but not quite a stat padder in terms of goals and assists. His dribbling has been even better than his passing this season.

nick gould

Why does that matter? Not all about goals/assists.
It does matter. We could have easily ignored that if he was as good as Dembele at winning the ball and driving forward with it, but he is not. His skill sets and traits make him a final third player and as a final third player you are judged by numbers. I get the feeling he is Arsenal days are over.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Bonkers that there is a chance we might lose him. Probably won't but he's clearly been mismanaged.

Tom9

Why does that matter? Not all about goals/assists.

It doesn't. Bloody Cazorla has scored 2 goals from open play in the last three seasons and rarely do people complain about his output. Which Jack is not to different to Cazorla in their approach of the game. Santi is the better passer but Jacks ability to dribble by opposition midfielders is far greater than Cazorla. Both players do a good job of getting the ball out wide to either the wings or full backs who can then send in a dangerous cross. Surround Jack with better players and Jacks lack of goals/assist can be overlooked given he is putting others in position to be directly involved with a goal. I would rather Bellerin end up with 10 assist for the season as a result of being played in behind defences on the back of Jacks passing/ability to beat opposition midfielders, then for Jack to have 10 assist on his own but Bellerin to only have two or three.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Jack had always looked threatening and capable of producing something in the last third in the little time that his body has allowed him to do that for Arsenal. The fact he hasn't racked up numbers whilst playing with Bournemouth doesn't mean anything to me. But to anyone who places importance on that: I wonder what numbers he's clocked in his last 20 odd starts for Arsenal, compared to Bournemouth. If his numbers are better, try and figure out why.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It does matter. We could have easily ignored that if he was as good as Dembele at winning the ball and driving forward with it, but he is not. His skill sets and traits make him a final third player and as a final third player you are judged by numbers. I get the feeling he is Arsenal days are over.

You need to understand he's playing for Bournemouth- a team whose most expensive player is Jordon Ibe. Wilshere has been putting chances on a plate on a weekly basis, but his teammates either aren't on his wavelength or of the required quality.

Wilshere will be Arsenal captain by 2020/21.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Just because he is the closest player we have to Cazorla doesn't necessarily mean he can replace Cazorla..... a lot of people underestimate how important Cazorla is to our team. If Cazorla doesn't become fit again we're screwed and might have to go into the market to buy someone to replace him, cause Cazorla isn't just a technically good midfielder. He was the brain of the team when he's on the pitch, more so than Özil, and I can't see Wilshere pulling strings and controlling the tempo in midfield as well as Cazorla could.

I agreed with that Cazorla is as important as Özil or Sanchez are for us, but you cannot deny the quality Wilshere has, he was great in our team when his break through season you cannot deny that he has the quality to sucseed injury's has taken his toll on his progress.

Jm89

What has amazed me is that he's stayed fit, no niggles or anything. I generally believe our fitness/rehab system is flawed.

We have a crucial game in a matter of weeks which I think will be make or break and we are about to enter it with one of our weakest midfield pairings I've seen us play!

It's a shame we loaned him out especially as wenger knew that eleney was away at the acon, and with our recent history with injures call back clause should of been installed!

He pisses all over coq/xhaka/Ramsey/eleney

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Jack had always looked threatening and capable of producing something in the last third in the little time that his body has allowed him to do that for Arsenal. The fact he hasn't racked up numbers whilst playing with Bournemouth doesn't mean anything to me. But to anyone who places importance on that: I wonder what numbers he's clocked in his last 20 odd starts for Arsenal, compared to Bournemouth. If his numbers are better, try and figure out why.
Before Wilshere's breakthrough, he was a consistent scorer from midfield and wide right. Him scoring and assisting was never a problem till he started playing deeper in central midfield after he broke into the team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Before Wilshere's breakthrough, he was a consistent scorer from midfield and wide right. Him scoring and assisting was never a problem till he started playing deeper in central midfield after he broke into the team.
I don't ever recall him having a bad game on the right tbh. Funny thing is he'd surely get a look there if he were at Arsenal right now :lol:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
He will have gained a lot of insight into how to keep fit and avoid injuries whilst with Bournemouth

Let's hope he's allowed to use it when he returns to Arsenal

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
we need to understand that his problem in our team is Özil.
he is not ready to play in midfield in our system.
he will be maybe when he hits 30, but until then we propose such a risky football that he is never going to be able to play there for us and shine.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He don't get injured because he play once a week and the training Is not intense like at arsenal and you don't have a game every 3 days. We done well to loan him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom