• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Someone mentioned that Jack could play the role that Iwobi currently plays, and I'd agree with that. I find it harder to see how we fit him into a functional midfield and he's obviously not playing #10 role. We'll see but I think that free role would suit him rather than midfield where we require discipline.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Jack certainly could not do what Iwobi does in a wide position. Besides, why do we want to shunt Jack outwide again? Loaning him to Bournemouth allows him match practice in his best position. He's slowly turning into a player I want in our starting XI again.

Impact

Established Member
Am I the only one who thinks that Wilshere is a better option on the flanks than Iwobi and could've started ahead of him ?

I know that it's not his natural position but still with his talent I feel that he can do a better job, Iwobi for all his promises was inconsistent during the season and obviously he's a number 10 playing on the flanks, plus I dont think that there's a debate about who has better vision, passing, dribbling, technique between Jack and Alex.

A match-fit Wilshere is a better player than most players at Arsenal. So if he were around now in this shape, we would be looking at some way to fit him in. However, he wouldn't be near his current shape if he was playing a bit-part role for us (which he was at the start of the season). We made a good decision letting him go out on loan. Iwobi has enough talent for us not to miss Wilshere, even if I think Wilshere is a better player.

Last edited:

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Jack certainly could not do what Iwobi does in a wide position. Besides, why do we want to shunt Jack outwide again? Loaning him to Bournemouth allows him match practice in his best position. He's slowly turning into a player I want in our starting XI again.
I'm not doubting it's his most natural position, I just have my doubts about how he fits into our midfield.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he could build with Xhaka what he had with Song then that'd likely be better than any of options we have at the moment.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Sometimes I wonder if we have some guy whose job it is to just beat our players with a ball-peen hammer.
One of our 600 employees. It could be a training and/or conditioning issue. There has to be something since its different players going through the same problems over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom