• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

January 2017 - Transfer window - rumours & predictions

Mudi

'Arsenal €65m for Belotti not enough'

Torino confirm they “received the offer” from Arsenal for Andrea Belotti, believed to be €65m, “but he is worth more.”

The Italy international striker recently signed a new contract, which has a €100m release clause that is valid only for clubs outside of the Peninsula.

There have been reports that Arsenal offered €65m and Toro director of sport Gianluca Petrachi admitted as much.

“Yes, we received the offer, but it does not reflect the value of the player,” Petrachi told Sky Sport Italia when asked specifically about the Gunners bid.

“Anyway, he is going nowhere for now. We want to enjoy him, then we’ll see what happens.

“We intend to keep Belotti and President Urbano Cairo signed this important buy-out clause. I think he’s worth more than they have offered.”

http://www.football-italia.net/96573/arsenal-€65m-belotti-not-enough

Transfer market has gone nutz...
I think that Petrachi means that they have received €65m from Arsenal ON FOOTBALL MANAGER. There is no way on earth we would spend €65m on an unproven ITALIAN striker ...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not unreasonable to think sooner or later, middle ground could be found between 65 and 100M Euros.

Maybe in the summer.

Jm89

Is Belttoi an improvement on what we already have? 65m Euros seems hell of a lot of money for him.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I doubt that bid is true. Thats a big amount for a player that is just starting. Belotti is talented but I doubt he'll even be worth 65m in his best years.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I think that Petrachi means that they have received €65m from Arsenal ON FOOTBALL MANAGER. There is no way on earth we would spend €65m on an unproven ITALIAN striker ...
Well, he's hot property at the moment and has been very prolific for two seasons now. Not sure how "unproven" he is. Serie A isn't exactly Sunday league & he has a few NT appearances (3 goals in 5 NT appearances). Still 55M quid - lotsa money but the money it seems English teams have to pay to secure top targets.

GDeep™

League is very weak
50M isn't alot today. City paid that for a young CB.

What must also be considered is we're talking about a very restricted striker market, meaning players prices are naturally inflated.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
50M isn't alot today. City paid that for a young CB.

What must also be considered is we're talking about a very restricted striker market, meaning players prices are naturally inflated.
In that way, yeah. Market dictates the price in the end. Its highly doubtful still that bid. Its very unlikely by us too.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Agree. Hard to believe..... We may pay that sort of money one day, but it will be for a Lewandowski or a Griezmann.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

65M bid? Are we trying to bait the superclubs into buying him so we can get their cast-offs?

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Never seen this Bellotti guy, but 65 million on the back of a half a season where he's been scoring well seems a bit bizarre. We've seen guys like Immobile and pensioner Luca Toni score heaps of goals in Serie A recently.

Top Bottom