• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

January 2017 - Transfer window - rumours & predictions

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I like him but no idea where he fits in now with Giroud, Lucas & the Alexis option. Maybe we bid in the summer but no way even half the amount quoted.

Would just be adding another average to good striker like Giroud & Lucas. For that money you want someone who can take us to the next level.

Axel_Gunner

The whole league catches up and these pricks up the market values by 20M. WTF!? Did FFP literally do nothing?

british clubs get more money from sponsoring (like high increasing jersey-deals, big tv-money or "sponsoring" money at sheikh-clubs (via emirates) or russian oil-money). Value of players does not increase "for real", but if players have solid contracts (payment and runtime) its just logical that teams will take advantage of that in any negotiation.
If a club can generate big money via sponsoring/tv etc i think its less likely to get problems with FFP.

The rest of european top clubs has to join that high bidding (partly) to be able to keep up.
But a transfer like Higuain for 100m outside of UK is a great rarity, i can only imagine deals like that with Barca/Real involved. A club like Bayern would financial be able to handle that, but they already would hesitate to pay ~50m € for a player.

I am wondering how the situation will work out in some years. The salarys are very high in PL and it will be hard for players to find new clubs. Lets hope for the chinese :lol:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I don't remember if Tutto Mercato Web is one of those news outlets we ignore, but they've linked us to both Sead Kolasinac and Lucas Moura.
Kolasinac looked like total garbage against Real Madrid the last time I saw him. Even Schalke don't find it that big a deal that he'll be a free agent. Him and ex Schalke Papadovoigfdus are physical monsters but seem brain dead to me.

Malky

Established Member
A few sites saying we're ready to make a " concrete approach " for Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko.

Axel_Gunner

A few sites saying we're ready to make a " concrete approach " for Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko.

yeah we and Liverpool and Chelsea and ManU......
i dont believe a word. just trashtalk.

and i dont think Wenger will sign a central (defensive) midfielder.

Top Bottom