• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jens Lehmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freagle

Re: Jens Lehmann In Talks For A Return

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/DT-Exclusive-Lehmann-8217-s-talk-with-Arsenal-?urn=sow-wp56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dir ... n=sow-wp56</a>

progman07

Established Member

This habit of letting players leave, then getting them back says "we have progressed backwards". Why don't we also get Keown back, while we are at it? He is probably still better than Squilacci... :lol:

-vapour-

He's a stop gap for a few months to see us through to the end of the season. It's an emergency signing, not a well prepared one. Hardly a habit. We have only done it with one player, and that was Sol Campbell.

dpt49

Established Member

I can't believe with Wengers knowledge of European football and his influence, we get someone who has officially retired.
I thought Schwarzer was too old and now we actually found someone older and not playing any football at any level.

On top of all that they have paired two GK's that can't stand each other.

I just hope that doesn't affect the morale of the rest of the team

raidersoftheark

Established Member

tumblr_lh0uhvXTOk1qgqytao1_500.jpg

:lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

When you look back at Jens, you realise what a keeper he really was. We can say we have not had a "proper" keeper since Seaman. But this guy was pretty close. When he was here, we were spoiled. He made some exceptional game saving saves in his time here, frequently too. You don't realise and appreciate what you had until they are replaced by someone who is well below their standard. He did an awful lot for us, perhaps not realised whilst he was with us which is a tad sad.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Agreed Jasard. Seaman was with us a much longer time and thoroughly a legend thats why he is more recognised, but Lehmann is no slotch as well. He is definitely on par if not better in his prime, some of his saves was utterly unbelievable. His UCL record speaks for itself

Sammer

Established Member

Some great memories here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U_j4eYzj7Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U_j4eYzj7Y</a>

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Has he already signed something or still?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

dpt49 said:
I can't believe with Wengers knowledge of European football and his influence, we get someone who has officially retired.
I thought Schwarzer was too old and now we actually found someone older and not playing any football at any level.
it isnt about being able to find someone, its finding someone who's club is willing to let them go smack dab in the middle of the business end of the season.. not going to be many out there like that, especially not one who is a CAPABLE backup

someone had mentioned Manninger before, and that might have been a decent punt considering he is 3rd string at Juve behind Buffon and Storari, but i digress

Bourne

Established Member

^ From what I recall, Manninger hasn't really got a lot of love for Wenger these days.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member

dpt49 said:

On top of all that they have paired two GK's that can't stand each other.

I just hope that doesn't affect the morale of the rest of the team

(A) You do realize that this is the middle of the season and a period with transfer window closed, don't you? It is very hard to get someone in the middle and the usual rules of the game don't apply

(B) Luckily for us, two Goalkeepers don't need to play together, so, two who can't stand each other (don't know if that is true, first of all) doesn't make any difference. Usually, goalkeepers in a club are competing for the same spot and are never the best of friends.

Endris

Interview with Lehmann

He says Wenger called him and asked if he had time and was up for it and he didn't have to think long about it. He did train with the team some weeks ago and apparently Wenger saw that he was still fit. He's done trainig five times a week since he retired and will now do the full training with the team in the next two weeks and then be in London 4-5 days a week and 2-3 in Munich with his family. He and Almunia are getting along very well and he will support him.
Wenger also knows that he would love to play for half and hour or so and he will probably get some game time if the score allows it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom