• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkgunner

Good effort and skills from him today despite some sloppiness, 3rd different position in 3 games and he hasn't been shown up in any of them.

Impact

Established Member
Valiant effort. Tireless out of possession but bar a few nice breaks, wasn't able to influence the game on the ball. Another match where he showed great promise and that he is ready for this level.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Been very impressed with him so far. You could argue that he really hasn't been played in his best position yet this season and has still managed to not look out of his depth. Credit to him, hopefully he can continue to progress.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another good performance today. Think he starts every game now until his performance levels drop (which they probably will at some point - he’s just a kid).

Fantastic talent.
I hope he don't feel comfertable and let his performance drop many young players showed great promise like Iwobi

OmegaOs

I didn't get the chance to watch the game because I had other commitments but I checked on whoscored just to see what the stats were saying and Willock had the worst rating of 5.6. Obviously stats don't tell the whole story but if anyone can be 100% objective today. Was he actually good ?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Willock is exactly the type of midfielder you see at the best teams. He was the only mid on the pitch who could match the athletisicm of Fabinho, Wjualdum (sp?) and Henderson. We really just got overpowered as usual in midfield but there were some moments where Joe just stormed through midfield and gave us some really dangerous look ins

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I didn't get the chance to watch the game because I had other commitments but I checked on whoscored just to see what the stats were saying and Willock had the worst rating of 5.6. Obviously stats don't tell the whole story but if anyone can be 100% objective today. Was he actually good ?
Let me put it into perspective:

Xhaka was ok, considering his seniority
Guendouzi was good.
Willock was good considering it was probably his third start. Held up the ball and carried it.

If we weren't setup like a sunday league team, he would have a far greater impact.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Considering the stage and his limited experience I thought he played pretty well. No way I’d give him a worse rating than Ceballos today.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

He was neat on the ball, that's it.

Won no duels, safe passing, and offered nothing going forward.

For objective posting on this forum, I'm your man. The rest of the forum are hit by a wave of group pressure.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Willock is exactly the type of midfielder you see at the best teams. He was the only mid on the pitch who could match the athletisicm of Fabinho, Wjualdum (sp?) and Henderson. We really just got overpowered as usual in midfield but there were some moments where Joe just stormed through midfield and gave us some really dangerous look ins
Wjualdum? It doesn't even look like how his name sounds FFS!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Like some idiots fail to recognise, even though he didn't win a lot of duels and dribbles, no one else did in our side?

Guendouzi was extremely poor positionally and tucked in too much, he completely lost the battle to Robertson defensively.

Ceballos got a reality check, welcome to England son (he will undoubtedly need time to get used to the league).

Willock formed a good partnership with Monreal and barring that excellent solo goal by Salah, actually nullified Salah + TAA in the first 45 to the point where Salah switched wings to get a touch of the ball.

Least amount of senior appearances by far compared to the above two but he was the only guy who didnt properly **** his pants out of them, you have to give credit where it's due. What are you expecting, for him to run the game and make amazing strides into their half while being aggressively pressed by 3-4 players? The rest of the team let us down today, Willock played alright and thats a positive from a 20 year old when you're talking about Liverpool away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom