• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: Joening the First Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Agree to an extent - this depends on how the midfield is put together.

We'd have Xhaka, Torreira, Gendouzi and Ceballos. Elneny could still be around as well, even though he should be sold yesterday. Willock could definitely get some minutes, but nowhere near the kind of regular minutes he'd like. If we had a regular 3 man midfield then yeah, but Özil kinda puts paid to that. So we'll see. Possible Willock is used further forward.
I can't believe I read this stuff every day here. Are Xhaka and Özil prepaid for their positions in this team? Why can't this club for once play the best performing player, not the one who was great 5 years ago? We also don't have Modric in midfield, we have Xhaka ffs! Will I have to read for the 4th time that maybe this is the season where Xhaka stops being stupid or is there a chance that he could move to the bench after he costs us again and Willock or someone else gets his chance?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He has really improved his passing at this level. Also gotten stronger, he can still fill out that frame.

He hasn't even shown his dribbling yet at this level which will come with time.

To me, he is just as talented as Guendouzi.

Joe is actually more athletic and better defensively too.

I remember Joe thoroughly dominating Tottenham U23 on defense in a game at the emirates either last season or the 17/18 season.

He won so many tackles and showed great anticipation with crucial interceptions all game.

I think he is a player that will be so dominant at like 22-23 if he keeps improving and avoids any major injuries.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I need to watch him over a full game to be sure but I like him, he just might make it here.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Lad is class. Genuinely think he can fill Rambo's boots, expecting big tings this year.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Lad is class. Genuinely think he can fill Rambo's boots, expecting big tings this year.
And I am glad to see he cuts out a lot of the early/late run on this match. So there will be no gaps in our midfield. And so he can focus on his passing and build up play.
He uses more of his brain to play football instead of running around like a fool.

Willock can be a good talent, who could maybe, play AMC like iniesta or CM like Xavi.
No more making ****ing stupid runs like ramsey who leaves huge gaps for the opponent to counter.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
No more making ****ing stupid runs like ramsey who leaves huge gaps for the opponent to counter.
The reason Ramsey makes those runs all the time is because he has nothing else to offer in midfield while Joe has everything in his game.
I've said last season he reminds me of Man City version of Yaya Toure making powerful runs from midfield but at the same time he is very composed on the ball.
It could be Joe over all these talents at our academy who will change people's minds about how talented this group is. I don't think I will have to wait long to see Emery turning his back to Xhaka and going all in with Willock.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The reason Ramsey makes those runs all the time is because he has nothing else to offer in midfield while Joe has everything in his game.
I've said last season he reminds me of Man City version of Yaya Toure making powerful runs from midfield but at the same time he is very composed on the ball.
It could be Joe over all these talents at our academy who will change people's minds about how talented this group is. I don't think I will have to wait long to see Emery turning his back to Xhaka and going all in with Willock.
To be fair, some runs from willock was well timed, so we will have less risk of leaving gaps in the midfield.

Unlike ramsey who always go for the stupid runs, willock is actually quite smart to only pick good timing for his runs.

And you are right on ramsey offering nothing in the midfield build up. Willock is more technical, better on the ball, better control, better touch, better positioning, better football intelligence. All he needs is to make sure he only runs at the perfect timing.

Last edited:

DasBootist

This would explain why the team went 2 **** after he was injured last season

Manberg

Predator
Ramsey’s boots are too huge to fill.
Willock didn’t do well in the few chances he had last season so here’s hoping he’s improving.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ramsey’s boots are too huge to fill.
Willock didn’t do well in the few chances he had last season so here’s hoping he’s improving.
you brits like your rooney, milner, kyut, walcott, wright phillips, gerrard, lampard, ramsey.... those skilless, talentless, hardworking cvnt, don’t you??

I bet you all have never watch ronaldinho, ronaldo, neymar, iniesta, kroos, busquets play to appreciate beautiful football....

After all these years of arsenal, united and man city educating you brits about beautiful football, how come you still like your boring shhite....

Manberg

Predator
you brits like your rooney, milner, kyut, walcott, wright phillips, gerrard, lampard, ramsey.... those skilless, talentless, hardworking cvnt, don’t you??

I bet you all have never watch ronaldinho, ronaldo, neymar, iniesta, kroos, busquets play to appreciate beautiful football....

After all these years of arsenal, united and man city educating you brits about beautiful football, how come you still like your boring shhite....

:lol:
Ramsey has always been class for us. I don’t know what you mean when you say talentless, you can’t not have talent when you win 3 trophies for Arsenal. He carried the team and now he’ll be playing with Ronaldo.

You can believe what you want but Ramsey left in a class way and deserves more respect.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Interesting you put Kroos in there. Couldn't name a more British style player.
Kuyt isn't exactly British.

They aren't talentless either, they just have particular skills that actually were amongst the best in the world. All of those players you mentioned have performed well vs your listed skillful players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom