• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jose Luis Gaya

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
They got every penny for Mustafi. Would be the same with Gaya.

True they got every penny but they knew we were desperate (Per's injury) but in this case for Gaya we are pretty well sorted at LB we are just looking to upgrade.

Also Valencia are 17th place. They are a production line of LB it seems so they likely have someone who can come in a do a job if not another gem. Selling Gaya to us can help fund fixing the more gaping holes (given their league position) in their team.

Haggling/holding out over a few million more for their LB while they are on course to get relegated would be increasingly stupid, but they hired Gary Neville as manager so I guess that level of stupidity is well within the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
True they got every penny but they knew we were desperate (Per's injury) but in this case for Gaya we are pretty well sorted at LB we are just looking to upgrade.

Also Valencia are 17th place. They are a production line of LB it seems so they likely have someone who can come in a do a job if not another gem. Selling Gaya to us can help fund fix the more gaping holes (given their league position) in their team.
True, hope we go in January before Man City and all get interested. I want these two-Gaya and Koke- and there is a huge chance City may get seriously interested.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Never spend big money on a full back. Wenger has been producing gems or finding cheap starters for years.

If we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 would much rather more of a Sagna type on the left.

Malky

Established Member
Never spend big money on a full back. Wenger has been producing gems or finding cheap starters for years.

If we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 would much rather more of a Sagna type on the left.

With our current lack of top quality wide option's, Wenger could possibly be looking at a switch in formation in the future.

3-5-2 with Bellerin and Gaya as wingbacks? Both have the pace, athleticism and attacking ability for this. Although this would mean another CB signing, unless Holding is Wengers prefered option.

4R5Emaniac

With our current lack of top quality wide option's, Wenger could possibly be looking at a switch in formation in the future.

3-5-2 with Bellerin and Gaya as wingbacks? Both have the pace, athleticism and attacking ability for this. Although this would mean another CB signing, unless Holding is Wengers prefered option.
I'd love to see a three man CB tbh.

4R5Emaniac

That and overall, I think physically he isn't up to Premier League football. Will take time to develop and we don't have that luxury. Prefer Faouzi Ghoulam from Napoli.
Ghoulam is good and we were linked with him last season I think. Gaya is smaller with less strength I suppose and could have trouble adapting at first but I think he'll get it right.

nmn

Did we pay Mustafi's clause or we negotiated the fee? I think it was negotiating tbh.
It was negotiation but we payed around 35m pounds for him while it was believed in the beginning that we could get him for around 25 because of Valencia's financial problems. They played hardball and got every penny from us. Will be the same with Gaya.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

True but if we're gonna persist with Xhaka-Coquelin or Xhaka-Elneny then it gives us that extra protection which would enable both full-backs to go forward.

Malky

Established Member
So would I. Mustafi, Per, Kos, Gabriel, Chambers and Holding is more than enough CB cover.
I forgot about Chambers :confused: Good options to choose from, but I do agree with @4R5Emaniac, I'd rather see us find an upgrade on Per if we were playing 3 at the back. But right now Holding could be that 3rd CB choice.

noon

I really don't rate this boy, all I see is younger version of Alberto Moreno, hopeless defensively

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I will eat my cowl if Arsène shows a willingness to conduct that kind of experiment.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd be all over it.

I will eat my cowl if Arsène shows a willingness to conduct that kind of experiment.
:lol:

Top Bottom