• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Julian Draxler

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After I posted I remembered that I've been calling for quality attacking reinforcements but after seeing us meekly surrender midfield in two tough away games, I've got me thinking we need some vitality, mobility and class in midfield. However, I'd take Draxler all day long and like you I believe he's an upgrade on what we currently have. Hope he's tough enough for the Premier League though.

I doubt a midfielder who would actually improve us will be available in january and we don't need another Elneny type of signing, we have the numbers

the midfielder who could improve us is playing at Bournemouth. We can't buy any more first 11 Midfielders.

If we want a CDM, then we need to sell our dross. Maybe sell Ramsey and Coq, keep El-Nenny for the bench, and get a solid CDM.

noon

We obviously need another creative winger but I agree, We need partner for xhaka, for that player is Leon goretzka from schalke

Barrymore

Would rather have got him than staying with our current wing options, just hoping AW has something else lined-up, preferably Mahrez, although I wouldn't turn my nose up at Payet / anyone with more technical ability than a panda - over our sprinters who've somehow landed a spot playing professional football for us.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Well thats annoying. Can see him kicking on & PSG suiting him perfectly. Lots of wide players out there better than Ox, Walcott & Iwobi though.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Think he'll get plenty of game-time at PSG. Their only wide player who has done well this season is Lucas Moura. Di Maria has been injured and out of form, Jese has barely played and Ben Arfa totally out of form too.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Think he'll get plenty of game-time at PSG. Their only wide player who has done well this season is Lucas Moura. Di Maria has been injured and out of form, Jese has barely played and Ben Arfa totally out of form too.

Agree. PSG is running out of patience with ADM as well. He has been called out by the manager and the President and asked to step up his game. He may be on his way to China if he does not play better next year.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
You must be joking. Iwobi is only 20 yr old and is relatively unproven. Ox has been a the club for 6 yrs now and has not show much either. None are anywhere better than Draxler.

Draxler hasn't done anythying of merit to be deemed a better player than either Ox and Iwobi. It's just that Draxler has been linked to a PL club every week in a different story for the past several years has turned him into a overrated player by many.

Draxler is a good player but certainly no world beater some like to make out.

If PSG are willing and stupid enough to let a geniune world class player ADM go at the expense of bringing Draxler in we should be all over ADM.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Draxler hasn't done anythying of merit to be deemed a better player than either Ox and Iwobi. It's just that Draxler has been linked to a PL club every week in a different story for the past several years has turned him into a overrated player by many.

Draxler is a good player but certainly no world beater some like to make out.

If PSG are willing and stupid enough to let a geniune world class player ADM go at the expense of bringing Draxler in we should be all over ADM.

Let's agree to disagree. Draxler is simply a better player than both Ox and Iwobi. I have seen enough of him the last few years to have absolutely no doubt about this. This is not even a controversial argument either.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Let's agree to disagree. Draxler is simply a better player than both Ox and Iwobi. I have seen enough of him the last few years to have absolutely no doubt about this. This is not even a controversial argument either.

Draxler is more talented than Chamberlain and Iwobi. He is also more inconsistent than either of them and gives less end product, so he is not better. He might end up being better in the long run, but ATM he's just like Xhaka: a flawed player with a lot of room for improvement and someone who is not going to take our game to the next level in the short term.

Apparently PSG is giving him 190k per week, which is absolutely bonkers.

scytheavatar

Established Member
nope.

He can only tackle. We need a guy like peak Ramsey if we are sticking with a two man midfield. We struggle creatively with him and el nenny in the same midfield

XFD then shouldn't you wait until we get "peak Ramsey" before we talk about selling Coquelin? Because ATM Coquelin > non peak Ramsey.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
XFD then shouldn't you wait until we get "peak Ramsey" before we talk about selling Coquelin? Because ATM Coquelin > non peak Ramsey.
Agreed.

But only if we got draxler and moved to a three man midfield. Caz Ramsey and Coq. Özil RW.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not gutted at missing out on him to be honest.

I think one of the main issues we have is turning our duo into a trio. Alexis and Özil pretty much only respect each other when going forward. We don't have any other attacker on their technical level or any where near for that matter. They are highly skilfull footballers and they need another person who is technically sound. These players are quite rare these days. Payet is one, but if you ask me the relationship that Özil and Draxler have off the field would only benefit us on it.

Could it happen? PSG have firm interest and will go for him harder I reckon. But Draxler himself has said he is talking to several clubs? Are we one of them? I think it's unlikely.

Signing Draxler would lead to Özil Signing which in turn would strengthen our hand with Alexis.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think one of the main issues we have is turning our duo into a trio. Alexis and Özil pretty much only respect each other when going forward. We don't have any other attacker on their technical level or any where near for that matter. They are highly skilfull footballers and they need another person who is technically sound. These players are quite rare these days. Payet is one, but if you ask me the relationship that Özil and Draxler have off the field would only benefit us on it.

Could it happen? PSG have firm interest and will go for him harder I reckon. But Draxler himself has said he is talking to several clubs? Are we one of them? I think it's unlikely.

Signing Draxler would lead to Özil Signing which in turn would strengthen our hand with Alexis.

Sanchez and Özil links up well with both Chamberlain and Iwobi too, problem is those 2 do not give us enough end product. Draxler is not going to be any better in that aspect, he's a flawed player who is talented but questionable in his decision making and awareness of what his teammates are doing. If you are expecting Draxler to come in and become Hazard then you are expecting too much from him. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if PSG ends up not being able to find a spot in the starting XI for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom